Keto pecan pie cheesecake with crunchy pecan crust and pecan keto caramel topping is one of the best keto desserts.
My keto family and other non keto family members and friends love this cake! Crust is with roasted pecans and so flavorful. Cream cheese layer is everything what a cheesecake should be. Topping with roasted pecans is just divine.
Don’t skip any of these delicious layers! You will get a really special keto treat you can make for every family gathering or celebration.
Keto holidays dessert
Holiday season is approaching and I know that this delicious keto cheesecake with pecan crust and pecan topping will be the center of your festive keto dinner.
TIPS FOR MAKING KETO PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE
Roast your nuts before grinding! This will elevate the flavor of nuts, it will be so much tastier. Don’t skip this part because it makes huge difference. Also, don’t roast for too long. 2 minutes on a hot pan or 5 minutes in a preheated oven will be just fine. Pecans are burning fast so you need to be especially careful with them.
Keto pecan pie cheesecake topping
To get that pecan pie flavor combined with cheesecake you need delicious topping! Don’t be afraid of that butter you use on top and use some good quality butter with good grass fed buttery flavor.
Good quality low carb sweetener will also give “original taste” to this low carb pecan pie cheesecake. It would be great if you could use brown low carb sweetener. However, you may use a combination of erythritol with a few drops of stevia and a result will be very satisfying. I was using erythritol and it worked perfectly. It didn’t get that deep brown color but the taste is really amazing.
Serving keto pecan cheesecake
Serve this pecan cheesecake as a keto dessert for any celebration! It’s fantastic as a keto breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea. I like to have keto sweets in the evening with a cup of tea. That’s my favorite part of the day!
Try my keto recipes!
- PECAN PIE CRUST INGREDIENTS
- Roasted pecans 1/2 cup/55 g/2 oz
- Roasted almonds 1 cup/150 g/5.3 oz
- Almond flour 1/4 cup/25 g/0.8 oz
- Low carb sweetener Swerve 1/4 cup or erythritol 1/4 cup + stevia 3 drops
- Melted butter 1/2 cup/100 g/3.5 oz
- CHEESECAKE INGREDIENTS
- Cream cheese 600 g/21 oz
- Sour cream 1/2 cup/100 g/3.5 oz
- Low carb sweetener Swerve 1/2 cup or erythritol 1/2 cup + 3 drops of stevia
- 4 L eggs
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Cinnamon 1/2 tsp
- PECAN PIE TOPPING INGREDIENTS
- Roasted pecans 2/3 cup/70 g/2.5 oz
- Butter 1/2 cup/100 g/3.5 oz
- Low carb brown sweetener or erythritol 1/2 cup
- Heavy whipping cream 1/2 cup/110 ml
- Turn on the oven to 180 C/350 F.
- Roast 1 cup of almonds and 1/2 cup of pecans for the crust plus 2/3 cup for the topping on a hot pan for 2 minutes. Don't roast it for longer because pecans start to burn very fast. When roasted, set aside part of pecans for the topping. You will need it later.
- Grind the nuts for the crust in a food processor. Add almond flour, sweetener and melted butter. Mix for a minute more and make a dough with your hands.
- Press the dough in a round cake tin, layered with a parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 180 C/350 F for 10 minutes or until started to be golden brown on the edges.
- Prepare cream cheese mixture. Mix or whisk cream cheese with sour cream, sweetener, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour the mixture over the crust and bake on 160 C/ 320 F for 30 minutes or until baked (not runny). When it's baked leave it to cool for 15 minutes and put remaining roasted pecans on top.
- Cheesecake might crack on the edges but don't worry, it will be covered with topping.
- How to make keto topping?
- Melt the butter with sweetener and whisk on a low heat until butter start to be golden brown.
- Add heavy whipping cream, whisk well to combine and pour gently over the cake with pecans on top.
- Set the cake aside and leave it to cool for few hours before serving.
This cake is for round cake tin 23 cm/9 inch diameter.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 34gCarbohydrates: 2.96gNet Carbohydrates: 2.85gFiber: 0.11gProtein: 7.9g
This is for your information only, please calculate your own macros with ingredients you use.