Cheesy keto zucchini bread is moist, tasty and flavorful keto bread and can be eaten plain. Low carb bread with zucchini and cheese is something that you need in your life.
This bread is great toasted and works good as a bread for keto sandwiches. Few days ago I made it for breakfast and we ate it with cream cheese and smoked salmon. OMG, that combination was one of my best keto breakfasts ever.
I love eating his bread still hot with a little butter on top. Wow! Melted cheese inside and melting butter on top plus pinch of coarse salt! Yummy!
My children love this low carb bread with zucchini. Usually my son don't like to see green stuff in his bread. In this case he didn't have anything against. He loves it. If you have a picky eater in your family, consider peeling zucchini. And definitely try this keto zucchini bread recipe!
I was inspired to make this bread, by cheesy zucchini bread made by Nagi from RecipeTinEats.
How to make cheesy keto zucchini bread
First grate zucchini!
It's the best to grate zucchini first because of the water in zucchini. You need to leave them until you prepare other ingredients. While you are preparing other ingredients, zucchini will release excess water. Squeeze them as much as you can. Drain the soul out of zucchini! 😁
Low carb grain grain free and gluten free flour combination
To make this keto zucchini bread coconut flour and almond flour combined are the best because you get a real and cheesy bread texture. I really like to bake with coconut and almond flour combined. In this case, use superfine almond flour. If using almond meal you will need to add more, it could be too runny. So, that's one thing to think about and adapt if necessary to have perfect cheesy keto zucchini bread.
Olive oil and a pinch of garlic are giving special flavor to this low carb zucchini bread. I would say that this low carb bread is getting some Mediterranean flavor if you add olive oil and a little garlic. It's the best to use powdered garlic, and don't put too much. Just a little for that special kick.
Try my other recipes!
For all my zucchini fans out there, I have here a very good recipe for keto waffles with zucchini. We eat them instead of sandwich bun or with one of these delicious keto jams
Sharing is caring!
- Almond flour superfine ½ cup/70 g/2.5 oz
- Coconut flour 2 TBS/15 g/0.53 oz
- Olive oil ¼ cup/45 g/1.6 oz
- Zucchini shredded and drained 1 zucchini 1.5 cup/210 g/7.4 oz
- Baking powder ½ tsp
- Baking soda ¼ tsp
- Salt ½ tsp
- Powdered garlic ¼ tsp
- 3 eggs
- Gouda cheese 4 slices/40 g/1.4 oz
- Grate zucchini and set it aside to release the water.
- Turn on the oven to 180 C/350 F.
- Whisk eggs and add almond flour, coconut flour, olive oil, baking powder, salt and powdered garlic.
- Continue whisking until all combined.
- Squeeze grated zucchini as much as possible until all the excess water is drained.
- Add zucchini to other ingredients and mix altogether until all combined. It shouldn't be too runny, if it's too runny just add more almond flour.
- Pour half or the mixture into a loaf pan layered with a parchment paper.
- Put on top slices of cheese and pour on top the rest of the mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 180 C/350 F for 20 - 30 minutes (depends on your oven).
- When baked, enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 9gCarbohydrates: 3.15gNet Carbohydrates: 2.18gFiber: 0.97gProtein: 3g
This is for your information only. Please, calculate your own macros with ingredients you use.