This creamy no bake peanut butter cheesecake is a perfect keto dessert for your whole family!
We, ketonians love oil. That's a fact. Great source of oil are peanuts. Rare legumes that we eat. I have to admit that before I started keto lifestyle I haven't eat peanuts very often. But, since on keto, peanuts became one of my favorite food. And peanut is so versatile! You can eat it as a snack salted and roasted, you can use it grounded, you can use peanuts oil, or as a delicious butter. With butter you should be careful and find clean butter without other ingredients like added salt, sugar or palm oil. If you use peanut butter free from those additional ingredients, you can enjoy it and mix it in a numerous salty and sweet recipes. That's how my no bake peanut butter cheesecake came to the world. And it was gone in a second! 🙂
I was planning to make some dessert with almonds, so I soaked them in the water in the morning as I was planning to make something in the evening. Probably my keto coconut cake that is also no bake and we have it often.
Soaking of almonds and other nuts and seeds in water is very important because of high levels of phytic acid. Phytic acid is a form of phosphorous, important for germination of seeds and nuts. But when eaten by us it binds to minerals in the gastrointestinal tract. If eaten on a daily basis it is causing irritation and possible nutrient deficiencies. Humans just don't have an enzyme to break this acid. But, there is a good news! We can soak the nuts and seeds in the water with a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar for few hours and activate enzymes that increase nutrient absorption. You can check here how to soak raw nuts and seeds.
At the same day of almond soaking I bought a huge can of pure peanuts butter and I couldn't resist of combining it with those almonds. And combination was out of this world! My son named this dessert No bake peanut butter cheesecake as he was asking for more. 🙂
Ingredients for No bake peanuts butter cheesecake
Crust for No bake peanuts butter cheesecake
Almonds 11/2 cup soaked in the water with a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar
For cream layer
Dark chocolate 75% cocoa or more 40g
Heavy whipping cream 50 ml
Soak the almonds for few hours in water with a pinch of salt. Of course, you can skip this part but it is healthier when soaked.
When soaked ground it in a food processor with salted peanuts, peanuts butter and sweetener of your choice. You don't have to process until all the almonds and peanuts are paste. It's better if there are some whole peanuts and bigger almonds parts. Combination of paste and bigger parts of almonds and peanuts is the best.
Distribute the mixture on a parchment paper and set it aside until you prepare cream cheese layer.
Melt the chocolate in a heavy whipping cream.
Put some whole salted peanuts on top and sprinkle with chocolate melted in heavy whipping cream.
After few hours in the fridge, peanut butter cheesecake will be ready to eat!
Enjoy in this delicious peanut butter cheesecake bars and let me know in comments if you try it! 🙂
- Almonds 11/2 cup soaked in the water with a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar
- Salted peanuts ½ cup
- Peanut butter ¼ cup
- Sweetener ¼ cup
- Cream layer
- Cream cheese 400 g
- Peanut butter ⅔ cup
- Powdered sweetener ¼ cup
- Coconut oil 1TBS
- Heavy whipping cream 100 ml
- Chocolate layer
- Dark chocolate 75% cocoa or more 40g
- Heavy whipping cream 50 ml
- Soak almonds for few hours in water with a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar (you can skip this part but it is healthier when soaked).
- Ground almonds in a food processor with salted peanuts, peanut butter and sweetener of your choice. Process until you get a combination of paste and bigger parts of almonds and peanuts.
- Distribute the mixture on a parchment paper and set it aside until you prepare cream cheese layer.
Cream cheese layer
- Mix cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sweetener, coconut oil and heavy whipping cream together and put the mixture on a crust layer.
- Melt chocolate in a heavy whipping cream (on the steam or in the microwave).
- Put some whole salted peanuts on top and sprinkle with chocolate melted in heavy whipping cream.
- Put this no bake peanut butter cheesecake in the fridge for few hours and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 16.2gCarbohydrates: 8.8gNet Carbohydrates: 7.3gFiber: 1.5gProtein: 11.9g
This is only informative, it depends on products you use. Always read labels!