Keto berries and cream cake bars are wonderful keto summer berry desserts. Flavorful low carb vanilla cake topped with creamy frosting and berries. Easy to make and tastes incredible!
There are some recipes I repeat over and over, and this keto cake with berries is one of these. One might ask why I haven't published this sooner? Actually, the answer is very easy - we eat everything even before I manage to take few photos. Without photos you wouldn't believe how wonderful this is! I am afraid that my photography skills are not enough to show you everything about this cake.
This berries and cream keto slice cake has flavorful and so tasty cake layer and topping! Topping is light and rich at the sam time. Heavy whipping cream combined with mascarpone cheese and vanilla! OMG, that's divine combo! Everything is topped with all these fresh berries that give that colorful summer vibe.
My keto kids love this dessert. This huge amount is gone in just one afternoon in my family. Like it was gone today. 🙂
HOW TO MAKE KETO BERRIES AND CREAM CAKE BARS?
KETO VANILLA SPONGE CAKE
Keto vanilla cake bottom is very easy to make. You will need to prepare 4 eggs, separated. First beat egg whites with a mixer, together with a pinch of salt and low carb sweetener, until you get firm peaks.
Egg yolks mix separately with butter.
At the end, combine almond flour with coconut flour and baking powder and add it to the mixture of yolks and butter. Combine until smooth. When you get the smooth mixture, gently fold the egg whites mixture, with spatula. Use gentle, sweeping movements.
Bake in a preheated oven to 175C/350 F for 15 minutes. Let it cool for few hours before putting the topping. Cake needs to be completely cooled before you put the cream on top.
Topping for this cake is incredibly delicious and you can make it with 4 ingredients only. Whip the heavy whipping cream until it start forming peaks. Add low carb sweetener, vanilla and mascarpone and continue whipping until firm. Don't over mix it to avoid making butter.
Put the cream on top of completely cooled cake. On top of cream put the berries and you can serve it immediately!
So easy! 🙂
LIKE AND SHARE!
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment and share on your social networks and in favorite groups to support my work! Share in INSTAGRAM stories and tag @familyonketo.
Want to calculate your macros? I have an easy to use, and reliable keto macros calculator! Connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST and join my TELEGRAM CHANNEL. Scroll down and subscribe to my newsletter to get my recipes to your email!
- KETO VANILLA CAKE
- 4 large eggs separated
- Pinch of salt
- Low carb sweetener (erythritol) ½ cup/60 g/2.12 oz
- Butter softened 100 g/3.5 oz
- Almond flour 1 cup/100 g/3.5 oz
- Coconut flour 1 TBS/6 g/0.2 oz
- Baking powder ½ TBS
- Vanilla extract 1 TBS
- CREAM FROSTING
- Mascarpone cheese 1 cup/250 g/8.82 oz
- Heavy whipping cream 2 cups/500 ml
- Powdered low carb sweetener ½ cup/60 g/2.12 oz
- Vanilla 1 TBS
- Mixed berries - strawberries, blueberries and raspberries 3 cups/500 g/17.64 oz
KETO VANILLA CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 175 C/350 F.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks, and place them in 2 separate bowls.
- Combine the egg whites with a pinch of salt and low carb sweetener, and beat them with mixer, until stiff firm peaks formed.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg yolks with butter and vanilla.
- When smooth mixture is formed, add almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the mixture with spatula, using gentle, sweeping movements.
- Grease baking pan/deep oven dish 20 x 30 x 5 cm/7.9 x 11.8 x 2 inch and spoon in the cake mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down for 3 hours before you put the topping.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream until it start forming peaks.
- Add low carb sweetener, vanilla and mascarpone and continue whipping until firm. Don't over mix it to avoid making butter.
- Put the cream on top of completely cooled cake.
- On top of the cream put the berries and you can serve it immediately!
This is for deep baking pan or a deep oven dish/casserole dish 20 x 30 x 5 cm/7.9 x 11.8 x 2 inch.
Keep it in the fridge up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327Total Fat: 32gNet Carbohydrates: 2.5gProtein: 6g