Keto strawberry coffee cake is easy and moist keto coffee cake with strawberries and creamy cheese filling. It's topped with flavorful streusel topping with coconut. Wonderful keto breakfast cake to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.
Finally, strawberry season is here! I just can't resist strawberries in all combinations, and cakes with strawberries are must in my kitchen. Last year I have published few delicious strawberry recipes, and have to continue this year.
Keto coffee cakes are my favorite, and if you ask me, there is no better relaxation than to sit in my garden and enjoy a piece of coffee cake with a cup of coffee or tea. That's what I am doing now, while writing this post, actually!
Continue reading if you want to get some tips to make this cake wonderfully!
HOW TO MAKE KETO STRAWBERRY COFFEE CAKE?
Prepare keto streusel topping
First, prepare topping and set it aside. This streusel topping is easy to make and so flavorful. Just combine almond flour, butter and shredded coconut with erythritol and that's it. Irresistible combination! It has a great flavor and because of coconut it's crunchy when baked.
Creamy cheese filling
For the cheese layer combine cottage cheese with heavy whipping cream, low carb sweetener and vanilla. It's the best to whisk it or mix it with a mixer to get a smooth mixture. If you don't have a cottage cheese and heavy whipping cream, you can use cream cheese instead.
Keto coffee cake
To get this moist, delicious and easy low carb coffee cake, you will just have to combine all the ingredients for coffee cake in a bowl. It's easier to evenly combine when you mix all dry ingredients together and then add wet ingredients. And that's it! So easy!
Assembling low carb strawberry coffee cake
On the bottom of greased deep cake pan put the coffee cake batter, then put the creamy cheese filling, and slices of strawberries on top of cheese. Sprinkle everything with streusel and bake in a preheated oven on 180C/350 F for 30 - 40 min.
Leave it cool and serve with your favorite coffee or tea.
If you have your homemade strawberries, make few batches of this keto strawberry jam too! It's so good!
LIKE AND SHARE!
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment and share on your social networks and in favorite groups to support my work! Share in INSTAGRAM stories and tag @familyonketo.
Want to calculate your macros? I have an easy to use, and reliable keto macros calculator! Connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST and join my TELEGRAM CHANNEL. Scroll down and subscribe to my newsletter to get my recipes to your email!
Keto strawberry coffee cake
Keto strawberry coffee cake is easy and moist keto coffee cake with strawberries and cream cheese filling. It's topped with flavorful streusel topping with coconut. Wonderful keto breakfast cake to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.
- KETO COFFEE CAKE
- Almond flour 2 cups/200 g/7 oz
- Coconut flour ¼ cup/23 g/0.8 oz
- Erythritol ½ cup/60 g/2.12 oz
- Baking powder 1 TBS
- Salt ¼ tsp
- 3 eggs
- Vanilla extract 1 TBS
- Butter softened ½ cup/110 g/3.88 oz
- Heavy whipping cream ½ cup/100 ml
- CHEESE FILLING
- Cottage cheese 1 cup/250 g/8.82 oz
- Heavy whipping cream ¼ cup/100 ml
- Vanilla 1 TBS
- Erythritol 4 TBS/30 g/1.06 oz
- Strawberries 1 ½ cup/210 g/7.4 oz
- STREUSEL TOPPING
- Almod flour ½ cup/50 g/1.76 oz
- Shredded unsweetened coconut 6 TBS/30 g/1 oz
- Butter ¼ cup/60 g/2.12 oz
- Erythritol 2 TBS/
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS
- Chopped blanched almonds 2 TBS
- OPTIONAL CREAM GLAZE
- Heavy whipping cream ¼ cup/50 ml
- Powdered erythritol 2 TBS/5 g/0.53 oz
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- In a small bowl combine cold butter with almond flour, erythritol and shredded unsweetened coconut until crumbs are formed.
- Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients and mix with a mixer until creamy filling formed and set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients together, set aside.
- Beat the eggs and add the rest of wet ingredients, whisk until smooth.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and whisk to get nicely combined batter without crumbs.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350 F.
- Prepare greased cake pan 20 x 30 x 5 cm/7.9 x 11.8 x 2 inch and put coffee cake batter on the bottom.
- On top of the batter put cheese filling.
- Add strawberry slices on top of the cheese filling.
- Sprinkle with streusel.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 180 C/350 F for 30-40 minutes or until cake is baked or the top is light golden brown. Don't over bake, cheese has to set but still jiggles in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely, then keep in the fridge to for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Before serving optionally sprinkle with sliced almonds and glaze with keto cream glazing. To make the glaze heat the heavy whipping cream in a small sauce pan and add powdered sweetener and vanilla. Stir until sweetener completely dissolved and glaze is thick enough.
CREAMY CHEESE LAYER
KETO COFFEE CAKE
This recipe is for the cake pan or casserole dish 20 x 30 x 5 cm/7.9 x 11.8 x 2 inch.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1/12 of the cake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 32gNet Carbohydrates: 3.91gProtein: 10g
This is for your information only, please calculate your own macros with ingredients you use.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!