Keto Berry Tiramisu Cake is a sugar-free, light, sweet and delicious keto cake for the whole family! Moist sponge layers with flavorful mascarpone cream, strawberries, and blueberries are a divine combination and surprisingly easy to make!
HOW TO MAKE KETO BERRY TIRAMISU CAKE?
It is surprisingly easy to make this low-carb tiramisu cake with berries. You will have to prepare the mixture for the sponge cake, divide and bake 2 sponge cakes, make the cream with mascarpone and heavy whipping cream and assemble! You will be able to eat this keto dessert almost immediately! That's why this cake is perfect as a last-minute cake for any celebration when you don't have so much time to invest in cooking and baking but you want to have it extra delicious!
HOW TO MAKE KETO TIRAMISU SPONGE CAKE?
Preheat the oven to 175 C/350 F. Separate the egg whites from the yolks and beat the egg whites with low carb sweetener until stiff.
In a separate bowl combine almond flour, baking powder, and vanilla. Add melted butter and yolks, and mix everything. Gently fold the egg white mixture to combine everything.
Prepare 2 cake trays (diameter 23 cm/9 inches), greased or layered with parchment paper. Spoon in the dough and bake for 10 to 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 175 C/350 F.
Let the sponges cool down for at least 1 hour before you add the cream and fruit.
THE BEST LOW-CARB TIRAMISU CREAM
After your sponge cakes are baked, prepare this easy keto tiramisu cream. Just mix mascarpone, heavy whipping cream, powdered low carb sweetener (erythritol), vanilla, and if you like add some rum. I always add rum because it's so much better, more flavorful, and more fun! 🙂
Don't over mix it to avoid making butter instead of cream!
CREAM & RUM CAKE SOAK
For sponge cake soak, take ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream and add 1 TBS of rum. If you wish to avoid rum, add vanilla instead.
ASSEMBLING LOW-CARB BERRY TIRAMISU CAKE
Put the bottom layer sponge on a plate for serving the cake. Spread half of the cream and rum soak with the spoon. Add half of the prepared mascarpone cream, spread evenly, and on top add sliced strawberries and blueberries or other berries, if you like.
On top of the berries add more cream (don't forget to leave the rest to cover the top and to decorate).
Add a second sponge layer on top, distribute the remaining mascarpone cream and decorate with the rest of the berries.
TIPS FOR LOW-CARB TIRAMISU CAKE WITH BERRIES FOR CELEBRATION
If you wish the cake to be taller and look very elegant and festive, just bake 2 sponges in smaller cake trays and cut them in the middle. Or, even better, if you have some more time to invest or a few cake trays, bake 4 smaller sponges. Assemble the cake as described, just with 4 sponge cake layers instead of 2.
FRUITS FOR KETO BERRY TIRAMISU CAKE
This is the best keto tiramisu recipe with berries! This time, I was using fresh strawberries and blueberries. However, you may use any other berries that are keto-friendly, you have them fresh and of course, you like them!
Let's see what substitute berries you can use? Raspberries and blackberries, of course, but other fruit can be OK too, just sliced in smaller pieces. While raspberries and blackberries in 100 g of fruits have 5 g NET Carbs, Strawberries have 6 g, blueberries have 12, other low carb fruits when cut in small pieces could be great in this combination. An example is a peach with 8 g Net Carbs in 100 g or cherries with 10 g Net Carbs.
So, depending on your eating habits, and how liberal with carbs you are, you can choose some substitute fruits. Don't forget to recalculate the macros if you are choosing to substitute!
TIPS FOR SERVING
It's great if you can leave the cake for a few hours in the fridge before serving. However, this cake will be great even if you really can't wait. Because it's delicious even when completely cooled.
LIKE AND SHARE!
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment and share it on your social networks and in favorite groups to support my work! Share in INSTAGRAM stories and tag @familyonketo.
Want to calculate your macros? I have an easy-to-use, and reliable keto macros calculator!
Connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and join my TELEGRAM CHANNEL. Scroll down and subscribe to my newsletter to get my recipes to your email!
Keto Berry Tiramisu Cake
Keto Berry Tiramisu Cake is a sugar-free, light and delicious keto, gluten-free and diabetic-friendly cake for the whole family! Moist sponge layers with flavorful mascarpone cream, strawberries, and blueberries are a divine combination and surprisingly easy to make!
- FOR 2 SPONGE LAYERS
- 6 large eggs separated
- Erythritol 1 to 1.5 cup/130 g to 195 g/4.6 oz to 6.9 oz
- Almond flour 2 cups/210 g/7.4 oz
- Baking powder ½ TBS
- Melted butter 150 g/5.3 oz
- Vanilla powder ¼ teaspoon or 1 TBS liquid
- MASCARPONE CREAM
- Mascarpone cheese 500 g/17.6 oz
- Heavy whipping cream 1.5 cup/330 ml
- Powdered erythritol 6 TBS
- Rum 1 TBS (optional)
- CREAM & RUM CAKE SOAK
- Heavy whipping cream ¼ cup
- Rum 1 TBS (optional, use vanilla instead if avoiding alcohol)
- Strawberries 400 g/14 oz
- Blueberries 100 g/3.5 oz
2 SPONGE LAYERS
- Preheat the oven to 175 C/350 F.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks and beat the egg whites with low carb sweetener until stiff.
- In a separate bowl combine almond flour, baking powder, and vanilla.
- Add melted butter and combine.
- Add egg yolks, and mix everything.
- Gently fold the egg white mixture.
- Prepare 2 cake trays (diameter 23 cm/9 inches), greased or layered with parchment paper.
- Spoon in the dough and bake for 10 to 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 175 C/350
- Let the sponge cakes cool down for at least 1 hour before you add the cream and fruit.
PREPARE MASCARPONE CREAM
- Mix mascarpone, heavy whipping cream, powdered low carb sweetener (erythritol), vanilla, and if you like add some rum.
- Mix until it formes peaks. Don't over mix it to avoid making butter instead of cream!
PREPARE CREAM & RUM SOAK
- Combine ¼ heavy whipping cream and 1 TBS of rum or vanilla.
- Put the bottom layer sponge on a plate for serving the cake.
- Spread half of the cream and rum soak evenly with the spoon.
- Add half of the prepared mascarpone cream, spread evenly.
- On top of cream add ½ of prepared sliced strawberries and blueberries.
- On top of the berries add more cream (don't forget to leave the rest to cover the top and to decorate).
- Add a second sponge layer on top, distribute the remaining soak.
- Add mascarpone cream and decorate with the rest of the berries.
- Leave it to cool down few hours in the fridge before serving.
This is the amount for cake with 2 sponge cakes 23 cm/9 inches diameter. If you wish to mak taller cake with 4 layers, bake 4 sponges in a smaller cake tray (17 cm/7inches).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 slice = 1/16
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393Total Fat: 93gNet Carbohydrates: 2.9gProtein: 6.9g
This is for your information only. Please calculate your macros with the ingredients you use.
I'm not sure but the mascarpone cream is bitter😭😭
Family On Keto says
Hi Monika, mascarpone cheese shouldn't be bitter. Maybe it was expired? Normally, mascarpone cheese is not bitter.