Keto chocolate chip donuts are flavorful and rich, dairy-free keto donuts with almond and coconut flour and dark chocolate chips. This sugar free donuts recipe is fantastic low carb dessert or keto family snack!
Don't be stressed if you're trying to lose weight and craving donuts. This delicious keto donuts recipe is so easy to make! Low carb chocolate chip donuts are fantastic keto dessert or even breakfast. They are sugar-free, sweetened with low carb sweetener so you can fit them into your menu even if you're diabetic.
My kids love these keto donuts and you would never say that you can enjoy this rich donut flavor and be on a ketogenic diet at the same time.
Keto chocolate chip donuts recipe
This recipe for keto donuts is really easy, here are ingredients you will need:
Combination of almond flour and coconut flour - I am aware that almond flour is quite expensive and coconut flour has specific taste that a lot of people don't like. That's why I combined these two! Thanks to this, you will need to use a minimum amount of almond flour to stay within your food budget. Also, you will need few spoons of coconut flour to get much bigger volume of donut mixture, and at the same time you don't taste coconut flour, at all!
There is some magic when these two flours are combined. Not only because of wonderful taste, but the structure of this donut dough is a real thing! When you're eating these keto donuts you really can't say it's keto or any "diet food".
Baking powder or baking soda is a must for this type of dough, you need it to raise the dough. Try to find aluminum-free baking powder or use baking soda and a spoon of lemon juice or apple vinegar. You will need some acid to activate baking soda.
Low carb sweetener - use any low carb sweetener you like. I use erythritol because in this combination it doesn't have any weird taste, and erythritol is affordable everywhere!
Eggs - for this recipe I was using free range eggs. You can use large or medium eggs, whatever you have, it will be fine! Just relax and whisk it!
Almond milk or coconut milk - add ¼ cup of nut milk of your choice or coconut milk. Almond milk or coconut milk are my choice, you can add what you like. For dairy free donuts use nut milk, and if you don't mind using dairy, add some heavy whipping cream diluted with water.
Dark chocolate chips - these keto donuts are with chocolate chips! Try to find dark chocolate chips with at least 70% cocoa and sweetened with stevia or sugar alcohol, like erythritol. Chopped dark chocolate will be great too, if you don't find chocolate chips.
How to make low carb chocolate chip donuts?
As I mentioned, it's really easy! Literally, just mix dry ingredients, and add eggs, lemon juice or apple vinegar, almond milk or coconut milk. Whisk it well until nicely combined and add chocolate chips.
Pour mixture in a donut pan and bake in a preheated oven on 175C/350 F for 15 to 25 minutes (depends on your oven, if you don't have fan assisted oven, you will need more time to bake them).
LIKE AND SHARE!
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment and share on your social networks and in favorite groups to support my work! Share in INSTAGRAM stories and tag me @familyonketo.
Want to calculate your macros? I have an easy to use, and reliable keto macros calculator! Connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST and join my TELEGRAM CHANNEL. Scroll down and subscribe to my newsletter to get my recipes to your email!
- Almond flour 1 cup/100 g/3.5 oz
- Coconut flour 3 TBS/22 g/0.78 oz
- Low carb sweetener (erythritol) ½ cup
- Baking powder or baking soda ½ TBS
- Lemon juice or cider/apple vinegar 1 tsp
- 3 eggs
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Almond or coconut milk ¼ cup/25 ml
- Sugar-free dark chocolate chips ¼ cup/40 g/1.41 oz
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350 F. Grease donut pan with cooking spray and set aside. If using silicone pan/molds, no need for greasing.
- Combine together all dry ingredients - almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener and baking powder.
- Add lemon juice or apple vinegar , eggs, vanilla and almond or coconut milk. Whisk until you get smooth mixture.
- Add dark chocolate chips and stir until distributed well.
- Pour the mixture/batter into the donut pan and bake for 15 to 25 minutes (depends on the oven) or until baked.
- Leave it cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a plate or a wire rack to cool.
- Once cooled you can frost them with chocolate or frosting you like (optional).
This recipe is for 6 keto donuts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 donuts Serving Size: 1 donut
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 15gNet Carbohydrates: 2.5gProtein: 8g