Keto coconut shrimp curry is one of my favorite family keto dinners. This coconut curry sauce with shrimp or prawns could be the best keto shrimp curry!
I love this keto shrimp curry, especially when served with some steamed veggies or with cauliflower rice. Of course, if you are not on low carb or keto lifestyle you may serve this delicious whole food curry with any side dish of your choice.
When it comes to curry, there is nothing better than a bowl of hot curry with coconut milk. There is a secret connection between curry and coconut, flavor is truly amazing. All of you here who loved my recipe for keto chicken curry, I’m sure you will love this recipe too!
Are shrimp keto friendly?
Oh, yes! Shrimp are more than keto friendly! They are practically 0 carbs and good source of protein and potassium. Potassium is so beneficial in weight loss, especially if you’re trying to lose last few kilograms or pounds!
HOW TO MAKE KETO COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY?
This low carb shrimp/prawn curry recipe is really easy to make. Incredibly delicious and flavorful dinner for the whole family!
Here are the most important steps to make it so delicious!
Fry spice coated shrimp!
Prepare curry spice mix of garam masala, cumin, turmeric, curry powder, chili powder or flakes, salt and pepper. With that mixture of spices, coat the shrimp/prawns and fry them on a hot coconut oil. You want it to be browned because that’s where the flavor is!
Sauté onion and garlic!
First cook finely diced onion until golden brown and caramelized, add minced garlic and continue to cook until release the flavor. Don’t cook it for too long, garlic tends to burn fast.
When onion and garlic are prepared, add crushed tomato or passata, canned coconut milk and all the spices and salt.
Stir well and simmer just until slightly thickened for 3 to 5 minutes. Then add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes more.
Immediately take off the heat, garnish with fresh cilantro or chopped spring onion and serve. Serve with steamed veggies or with cauliflower rice for low carb version or with another side dish you like.
LIKE AND SHARE!
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment and share on your social networks and in favorite groups to support my work! Share in INSTAGRAM stories and tag me @familyonketo.
Want to calculate your macros? I have an easy to use, and reliable keto macros calculator! Connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST and join my TELEGRAM CHANNEL. Scroll down and subscribe to my newsletter to get my recipes to your email!
- SHRIMP INGREDIENTS
- Peeled shrimp/prawns 400 g/14.1 oz
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Cumin 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Salt 3/4 tsp
- Curry powder 1/2 tsp
- Chili flakes 1/4 tsp (optional)
- SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- Coconut oil 1 TBS
- Small onion diced 70 g/2.5 oz
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Curry powder 1 TBS
- Minced ginger 1 tsp
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Cumin 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Passata 1/2 cup/100 ml/3.4 fl oz
- Canned coconut milk full fat 1 can/400 ml/13.5 fl oz
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Spring onion chopped
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Combine spices in a bowl and coat the shrimp with spices.
- Cook coated shrimp for 1 or 2 minutes on a hot oil on each side. Set them aside on a plate.
- Sauté onion on remaining oil until golden brown and caramelized, add garlic and ginger, continue cooking for 1 minute more.
- Add spices and stir.
- Add crushed tomato or passata and coconut oil. Stir and simmer until slightly thickened, for 3 minutes.
- Put back shrimp and cook until shrimp fully cooked (2 minutes).
- Take off the heat immediately.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh chopped cilantro or spring onion.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 24gNet Carbohydrates: 5gProtein: 27g