Keto Halloween pumpkin pie is surprisingly delicious homemade low carb pumpkin pie. This is one of my favorite family friendly keto Halloween desserts. My kids love it and other non-keto family members are asking for a second slice.
My kids absolutely love Halloween! We live in Croatia and Halloween is not traditionally celebrated here. However, my kids are worldly people who take the best from life. That is definitely one of my little wins when I think about myself as a mother. xoxoxoxo 🙂
Because they love Halloween so much, I have to prepare all these yummy keto Halloween treats and dessert. And you can imagine how I feel about it – I love it! xoxo
Today my mom brought one beautiful homegrown pumpkin and it was so logical to make a keto pumpkin pie! And this pie, my friend, is something out of this world! I think this is one of the most delicious pumpkin pies ever, not just in low carb or keto world, but in general!
HOW TO MAKE KETO HALLOWEEN PUMPKIN PIE?
It’s easier than you might think! Literally, you can make it so fast and easy. It doesn’t require some extra special cooking and baking skills. Keto pie crust is easy to make and filling is even easier. Just follow these simple instructions!
KETO SWEET PIE CRUST
For this low carb pie crust you will need almond flour or blanched almond meal. I believe that ground almonds could be great too, or any ground nuts if you don’t have almonds.
It’s perfect when you add cocoa or cacao. It’s tasty, flavorful, and it will give the crust that special black color. Make sure to use unsweetened cocoa or cacao because sometimes these ingredients are full of added sugar that we want to avoid.
Other ingredients you will need are pinch of salt, butter and low carb sweetener like erythritol. I use erythritol, however you might use another one that you like best. Just adapt the quantity to your taste.
Bake the crust on 180C/355F for just 5 minutes. After 5 minutes of baking remove it from the oven and leave it to rest for 10 minutes.
LOW CARB PUMPKIN PIE FILLING
This healthy pumpkin pie filling is easy to make! Plus, you will need few ingredients only! Pumpkin puree, eggs, cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, some low carb sweetener and gingerbread spice! Please, make sure to have that gingerbread spice mix because you will get creamy and so flavorful filling that is totally perfect!
Just mix all ingredients, pour on top of baked and cooled pie crust and bake for 30 minutes on 180 C/355 F.
Leave it to properly cool in the fridge for few hours or overnight.
Make that funny spider web with melted chocolate and enjoy!
LIKE AND SHARE!
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment and share on your social networks and in favorite groups to support my work! Share in INSTAGRAM stories and tag @familyonketo.
Want to calculate your macros? I have an easy to use, and reliable keto macros calculator!
- KETO PIE CRUST
- Almond flour or blanched almond meal 1.5 cup/150 g/5.29 oz
- Unsweetened cocoa 4 TBS/16g/0.56 oz
- Low carb sweetener (erythritol) 1/4 cup/30 g/1 oz
- Pinch of salt
- Butter 1/2 cup/105 g/1.94 oz
- PUMPKIN FILLING
- Pumpkin puree 1 cup/240 g/79 oz
- 3 eggs
- Erythritol 1/2 cup/60 g/2 oz
- Cream cheese 200 g/7 oz
- Heavy whipping cream 1/2 cup/100 ml
- Gingerbread spice mix 2 tsp
- SPIDER WEB
- Dark chocolate sweetened with low carb sweetener 20 g/0.7 oz
- Butter 1/2 TBS
KETO PIE CRUST
- Preheat the oven to 180C/355 F.
- Combine all dry ingredients. When combined, add butter. Stir and make the dough.
- Press in the dough into a greased pie dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 180 C/355 F for 5 minutes.
- Leave it to chill for 15 minutes before pouring the filling on top.
- Mix together all ingredients and pour on top of the baked and set crust.
- Bake on 180 C/355 F for 30 minutes.
- Leave it for few hours in the fridge or overnight.
- When completely cooled make a spider web on top with melted chocolate.
- Melt chocolate with butter in microwave. Add it to piping bag and draw a spider web on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 slice/1/12th
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 23gNet Carbohydrates: 3.18gProtein: 4.5g
This is for your information only. Please calculate your own macros with ingredients you use.