Keto Mediterranean one-crust pie is flavorful and aromatic keto vegetarian pie. Great as a main course or as a starter. Low carb vegetable pie with gluten-free crust is great for your low carb Mediterranean diet.
Low carb Mediterranean diet is probably the most healthy and flavorful diet you can have these days. And this low carb Mediterranean pie with crispy keto pie crust is irresistible. I prepared it as a keto starter for our festive keto dinner we had these holidays and it was amazing! We all loved it so much.
My vegetarian friends were delighted to try this savory keto pie. Those vegetable with Mediterranean herbs go perfectly with keto crust. And this crust is so crispy and aromatic.
HOW TO MAKE KETO MEDITERRANEAN ONE-CRUST PIE?
KETO AROMATIC CRISPY SAVORY CRUST
This keto savory crust is aromatic and crispy. It’s really easy to make, especially if you have a microwave. Just combine shredded mozzarella with a pinch of salt, 1 TBS of cream cheese, baking powder, almond flour and Mediterranean herbs like oregano and basil. Optionally you can add a pinch of garlic and chili flakes or powdered paprika. Stir everything and microwave for 45 seconds, take it out from the microwave, stir until all well combined and microwave for another 30 seconds.
After microwaving stir with the spoon until all the ingredients are evenly combined, knead until keto dough is formed. If it’s not possible to knead, microwave for 30 to 45 seconds more.
Press the dough into the greased 25 cm/10 inch diameter pie dish and form the pie shell.
KETO VEGETABLE PIE FILLING
This low carb vegetable pie filling is so flavorful, tasty and aromatic! It’s fantastic for all on keto vegetarian lifestyle but trust me, even carnivores will love it! Fresh vegetable grilled on a pan, combined with Mediterranean herbs are irresistible.
So, how to prepare it? Heat 1 or 2 TBS of olive oil on a pan and add chopped onion and cook util onion is golden brown and caramelized. When onion is caramelized add chopped eggplant, stir for 2 – 3 minutes, add red bell pepper chopped, stir for 2-3 minutes, and at the end add zucchini cut in small cubes, black olives, salt, pepper, minced garlic clove and herbs. Stir everything, add crushed tomatoes, 1 TBS of balsamic vinegar and 1 egg.
Bake the pie in a preheated oven on 180 C for 15 – 20 minutes or until it’s golden brown on the edges.
SERVING KETO VEGETABLE PIE
I love serving this pie with fresh arugula/rocket and chunks of fresh goat cheese or feta cheese on top. And, of course, drizzle with some good extra virgin olive oil. It will be delicious!
You may serve it as a delicious and aromatic keto starter, as a keto snack to enjoy it with a glass of dry red vine, or as a lunch or dinner. However, you will enjoy this Mediterranean flavor.
LIKE AND SHARE!
Do you like my recipes? Please leave a comment and share to support my work! Want to calculate your macros? I have an easy to use, and reliable keto macros calculator! Connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST and join my TELEGRAM CHANNEL. Scroll down and subscribe to my newsletter to get my recipes to your email!
- VEGETABLE PIE FILLING
- Olive oil 1 or 2 TBS
- 1 medium onion 110 g/4 oz
- 1 small egg plant 160 g/5.6 oz
- Red bell pepper 100 g/3.5 oz
- 1 medium zucchini 190 g/6.7 oz
- Minced garlic clove
- Black olives 8 pieces/35 g/1.23 oz
- Crushed tomato 1/2 cup/100 g/3.5 oz
- 1 egg
- salt 1/2 - 1 tsp
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Dried oregano 1 tsp
- Dried basil 1 tsp
- Balsamic vinegar 1 tsp
- KETO SAVORY PIE CRUST
- Shredded mozzarella 2 cups/200 g/7 oz
- Almond flour 1 cup/100 g/3.5 oz
- Cream cheese 1 TBS
- Baking powder 1/2 tp
- Pinch salt
- Dried oregano 1 tsp
- Dried basil 1/2 tsp
- Pinch powdered garlic
- Powdered paprika 1/4 tsp
- Crushed chili pinch (optional)
- OPTIONAL TOPPING
- Fresh arugula 1 cup
- Fresh goat cheese or feta cheese 100 g/3.5 oz
PREPARE VEGETABLE PIE FILLING
- Heat 1 or 2 TBS of olive oil on a pan.
- Add chopped onion on a hot oil and cook until golden brown and caramelized.
- When onion is caramelized add eggplant cut in a small pieces, stir for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add red bell pepper chopped, stir for 2-3 minutes.
- At the end add zucchini cut in small cubes, black olives cut into small pieces.
- Season with salt, pepper, minced garlic clove and herbs.
- Stir everything, add crushed tomatoes, 1 TBS of balsamic vinegar and 1 egg.
- Remove from the heat and set aside until you prepare keto pie crust dough.
SAVORY KETO PIE CRUST
- In a microwave safe bowl combine shredded mozzarella with a pinch of salt, 1 TBS of cream cheese, baking powder, almond flour and Mediterranean herbs like oregano and basil.
- Optionally you can add a pinch of garlic and chili flakes or powdered paprika.
- Stir everything and microwave for 45 seconds, take it out from the microwave, stir until all well combined.
- Microwave for another 30 seconds.
- After microwaving stir with the spoon until all the ingredients are combined, knead until keto dough is formed.
- If it's not possible to knead, microwave for 30 to 45 seconds more.
- Press the dough into the greased 25 cm/10 inch diameter pie dish and form the pie shell
ASSEMBLING KETO MEDITERRANEAN PIE
- Turn on the oven to 180 C/350 F.
- Put the vegetable filling into the keto pie dough shell.
- Bake the pie in a preheated oven on 180 C for 15 - 20 minutes or until it's golden brown on the edges.
- Serve warm with arugula and goat cheese or feta cheese.
This keto Mediterranean pie gives 8 slices.
Serving Size:2 slices
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128Total Fat: 9.3gNet Carbohydrates: 4.23gProtein: 7g
This is for your information only, please, calculate your own macros with ingredients you use.