Keto raspberry chocolate chip banana bread is delicious high protein keto banana bread recipe with real bananas, juicy raspberries, almond flour and protein powder. This banana bread is gluten-free and sugar-free.
Keto banana bread with real bananas
Yes, it is totally possible to have keto banana bread recipe with a real banana. When you play with ingredients, you can mix a real banana with usual keto ingredients and get a truly delicious low carb banana bread.
This banana bread is a real keto banana bread with almond flour and whey protein. Use gluten-free protein powder, and have gluten-free banana bread.
Are bananas OK on keto diet?
I definitely don’t recommend you to eat bananas if you’re following ketogenic diet. However, if you like bananas, with this recipe you don’t have to completely give up on your favorite fruit. For this recipe you will need just 1/2 of medium ripe banana. That’s how you will get a delicious, super moist and flavorful banana bread with a real banana. One slice has 4 g of NET Carbs and that’s wonderful for keto diet or for diabetics.
HOW TO MAKE KETO RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD?
My answer is – so easy! Here is a list of ingredients you will need to prepare this deliciousness!
Almond flour – favorite ingredient of every keto baker. It’s the best to use super fine ground blanched almonds. That is the best choice for low carb baked cakes and breads.
Whey protein – I like using whey protein in my recipes, because it gives really nice structure to keto cakes with almond flour. Try find unsweetened or sweetened with stevia or one of low carb sweeteners, like erythritol and xylitol. In this case is the best if you have vanilla flavored whey. Can’t find vanilla flavored whey? No worries! Add 1 TBS of vanilla.
Low carb sweetener – usually I use erythritol, but you can use xylitol or another low carb sweetener you like.
Butter – it’s the best to use softened butter. Not cold and not completely melted. Leave it on a room temperature, that’s the best.
Banana – just half of medium size ripe banana is enough to get a real banana bread structure and flavor. On that way this bread will be low carb and great for you. Even if you’re following ketogenic diet! Use fork to mash banana and that’s it!
Raspberries are great addition to this banana bread. They are naturally low in carbs, as the majority of berries and they go great with banana and chocolate.
Dark chocolate chips are delicious in combination with banana and raspberries. Always try to find at least 70% cocoa dark chocolate, sweetened with stevia and low carb sweeteners, without added sugar. That’s how you will significantly reduced the carbs.
Procedure to make keto banana bread with chocolate and raspberries
One of the reasons I really love this keto banana treat is a time to prepare it. It’s so easy! You will just need to mash the banana with a fork, combine it with all other ingredients, except the raspberries. When everything combined, just add raspberries and fold gently the mixture.
It’s the best to bake it on 170 C/340 F for 40 minutes or until baked. I recommend you a toothpick test.
LIKE AND SHARE!
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment and share on your social networks and in favorite groups to support my work! Share in INSTAGRAM stories and tag me @familyonketo.
Want to calculate your macros? I have an easy to use, and reliable keto macros calculator! Connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST and join my TELEGRAM CHANNEL. Scroll down and subscribe to my newsletter to get my recipes to your email!
- Almond flour/super fine blanched almonds 1 cup/100 g/3.5 oz
- Whey protein vanilla flavor 1/2 cup/50 g/1.76 oz
- Low carb sweetener (erythritol) 1/2 cup*
- Baking powder 1 TBS
- Softened butter 60 g/2.1 oz
- 2 large eggs
- Nut milk 1/4 cup/50 ml
- 1/2 medium ripe banana 1/4 cup/60 g/2.1 oz
- Vanilla extract 1 TBS**
- Dark chocolate chip (sweetened with low carb sweetener) 1/4 cup/35 g/1.23 oz
- Raspberries 1/2 cup/70 g/2.47 oz
- *Use less sweetener if whey is sweetened
- **Use vanilla extract if you have unflavored whey
- Turn on the oven to 170 C/340 F.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add mashed banana, softened butter, eggs, nut milk, vanilla extract and whisk until all nicely combined.
- Add chocolate chips and combine.
- Add raspberries and gently fold until combined. Try not to break all the raspberries.
- Pour the mixture into a small loaf pan 18 cm x 8.5 cm/7 inch x 3.5 inch, layered with a parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 170 C/340 F for 40 minutes or until baked. Check with a toothpick. Don't over bake, it should stay moist.
This amount is for a small loaf pan, 18 cm x 8.5 cm/7 inch x 3.5 inch.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 15 gNet Carbohydrates: 4gProtein: 12g