Keto Tuscan chicken is actually keto creamy chicken and spinach with Italian herbs, garlic and dried tomato. This keto creamy Tuscan chicken is favorite keto family friendly dinner.
For all of you who like keto Mediterranean recipes and especially keto Tuscan delicacies, I have a delicious recipe for keto creamy Tuscan chicken! This is one of my favorite family friendly keto dinners. We are never enough of this type of food, and we all love it.
If you have tried and loved my recipe for keto salmon in creamy Tuscan sauce, you will love this recipe, too!
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE KETO TUSCAN CHICKEN?
This dish looks creamy, delicious and when is nicely served it can look like a really fancy meal. In reality, it is very easy to prepare it. The best part is that you can make it in one skillet or a pan!
Here are important INGREDIENTS
Chicken meat – for this dish I like to use a combination of chicken breasts and chicken thighs, cut in small bite size pieces. Of course, you may use bigger pieces but that will require longer cooking. Because I love delicious food every day, I try not to lose the time and speed up the process.
Onion – diced onion, fried on butter is a base for this rich and flavorful creamy sauce. Fry the onion on butter until caramelized, and don’t skip this part, because the flavor is everything!
Garlic – few cloves of minced garlic will give a special flavor to this creamy sauce and will go perfectly with Mediterranean herbs and dried tomatoes.
Dried tomatoes – special part of this this dish flavor, as well as appearance are dried tomatoes cut in small pieces. Tomatoes in olive oil are great for this, but dried could be also great, just put them in hot water for at least 10 minutes to soak up some water before cooking.
Heavy whipping cream is so important ingredient in many keto and low carb sauces, so it’s in this one too. Add parmesan cheese to heavy whipping cream and you get delicious sauce.
Spinach – adding spinach cut in small pieces, or even better, baby spinach will elevate the nutrients but also it will give a wonderful color to this dish.
Serving keto Tuscan creamy chicken
It’s nice to add some leafy green salads too. That’s how we have it at home.
LIKE AND SHARE!
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment and share on your social networks and in favorite groups to support my work! Share in INSTAGRAM stories and tag me @familyonketo.
Want to calculate your macros? I have an easy to use, and reliable keto macros calculator! Connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST and join my TELEGRAM CHANNEL. Scroll down and subscribe to my newsletter to get my recipes to your email!
- Butter 1 TBS
- Olive oil 2 TBS
- Chicken breasts and thighs meat cut in small bite-size pieces 600 g/21 oz
- Small yellow onion diced 70 g/2.5 oz
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- White wine (optional) 1/2 cup/100 ml
- Sun dried tomato jarred cut un small pieces 1/4 cup/30 g/1 oz
- Heavy whipping cream 2 cups/400 ml
- Parmesan cheese 1/4 cup/25 g/0.9 oz
- Baby spinach 3 cups/100 g/3.5 oz
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Italian herbs 2 TBS
- Ground paprika 1 tsp
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- In a large skillet on high heat, melt the butter and olive oil and cook the meat until golden on the edges. When meat is cooked, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- On remaining oil, fry onion until golden brown and caramelized, add minced garlic and fry for few seconds, then add sun dried tomatoes cut into small pieces.
- Add white wine (optional) and cook for 1 or 2 minutes until alcohol evaporate, add heavy whipping cream and bring it to simmer.
- Add Italian herbs, parmesan cheese and spinach, salt, pepper, stir and put the chicken back into the skillet.
- Cook for 2 or 3 minutes and serve with cauliflower mash, zoodles or steamed vegetable.
Serving Size:2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Total Fat: 24gNet Carbohydrates: 5gProtein: 40g