Mediterranean asparagus salad with anchovies, boiled eggs and goat cheese, seasoned with sea salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon. This is nutritious and flavorful low carb salad.
I live in Croatia and my favorite food is Mediterranean and that’s how we eat at home. Let’s say Mediterranean and Balkan keto flavors are my signature.
This keto recipe for asparagus salad with anchovies I make very often for me and my husband to enjoy in the garden with a glass of red wine. There is nothing better than refreshing low carb asparagus salad in the spring or summer evening in the garden.
I like cooking with ingredients in season so now it’s definitely asparagus season. Spring always reminds me on asparagus. I use for this dish locally produced asparagus for salad.￼
I think that asparagus in salad are the best way to use your asparagus. They are also fantastic with fried eggs or in risotto. If you wish to make Mediterranean keto risotto with asparagus, try this delicious recipe.
Here is one more easy keto recipe with asparagus, pork chops with asparagus. We love it!
I love supporting small, local producers, especially when it comes to food. So, on this plate with asparagus salad, almost everything is homegrown or from a local producers and farmers.
If you’re wondering how these eggs are having so wonderful color, it’s because eggs are from my neighbor’s chickens. Those are happy chickens who walk around, eating healthy food and living happy life outside. And you can see how that reflects on the eggs quality!
Anchovies, capers and olives are from one small producer from Dalmatia and goat cheese is from Istria! So, all domestic, flavorful Croatian products! 🙂
I am a huge fan of Istrian olive oil, so I am using Istrian extra virgin olive oil from a friend who is a small producer too.
Tips for preparing Mediterranean asparagus salad with anchovies
To make this asparagus salad recipe, first prepare anchovies, capers, goat cheese and all the ingredients. It’s great to prepare everything before you start to sauté asparagus and cooking eggs.
Heat the olive oil and sauté cleaned asparagus with a pinch os sea salt. Sauté asparagus just for 3 minutes or until they get a little color.
Don’t sauté for too long because you want them to stay al dente or firm to the bite. Don’t overcook them, they loose the structure and with the structure the flavor is gone too.
At the same time boil the eggs as you like. You want your eggs and asparagus to be served warm. So it needs to be cooked at the same time.
When eggs and asparagus are done, distribute ingredients on plates, season with sea salt, freshly ground pepper and drizzle with fresh lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
It’s really nice when your salad with asparagus looks appetizing.
Enjoy this Mediterranean keto asparagus salad with a glass of red wine if you like it and smile! 🙂
Sharing is caring!
- Olive oil 1 TBS
- Asparagus 500 g/17.64 oz
- 4 large eggs
- Olive oil 2 TBS
- Capers in brine 20 pieces/20 g/0.7 oz
- Black olives or kalamata olives in brine 16 pieces
- Goat cheese 150 g/5.3 oz
- Anchovies in oil 16 pieces/80 g/2.8 oz
- 1 fresh lemon
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Prepare all ingredients in advance.
- In a large pan heat the olive oil and sauté cleaned asparagus with a pinch os sea salt. Sauté asparagus just for 3 minutes or until they get a little color. Don't sauté for too long because you want them to stay al dente or firm to the bite. Don't overcook them, they lose the structure and with the structure the flavor is gone too.
- At the same time boil the eggs as you like. You want your eggs and asparagus to be served warm. So it needs to be cooked at the same time.
- When eggs and asparagus are done, distribute ingredients on plates, season with sea salt, freshly ground pepper and drizzle with fresh lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 500Total Fat: 35gCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 3.2gFiber: 2.8gProtein: 42g
This is for your information only, please calculate your own macros with ingredients you use.