Vietnamese pork belly – keto pork belly recipe is delicious, sticky caramelized, one of the best keto pork belly strips recipes!
There are few great keto pork belly recipes, and this Vietnamese caramelized pork belly recipe is one of my favorite definitely!
This recipe is so easy to make and the result is so delicious! There is no need to cook it for few hours or to stay near the stove and stir for hours. This is one of keto Vietnamese recipes under 30 minutes. And a result is so delicious!
As you can see this is the recipe for pork belly with mushrooms. Mushrooms are complementing pork belly strips and fantastically go together. Both ingredients are delicious. Pork belly, when prepared on this way is sticky and everything is caramelized with low carb sweetener. It’s literally melting in your mouth.
Because I use low carb sweetener erythritol to caramelize this, you won’t have a sugar overdose after eating this meal, and even if you are diabetic you can enjoy this dish, what is not the case with traditional recipes. This recipe is sugar/free, so it is definitely diabetic friendly meal for the whole family.
TIPS TO MAKE VIETNAMESE PORK BELLY – KETO PORK BELLY RECIPE
Keto pork belly strips
It’s the best to use pork belly strips cut in small bite-sized pieces. Bring water with a pinch of salt to boil, put pieces of pork belly and cook for 10 to 15 minutes and after 15 minutes drain the meat and set it aside.
Melt 1 TBS of lard or coconut oil, add cooked pork belly on a hot oil, add pinch of salt and 1 TBS of erythritol. Stir everything and cook for 3-5 minutes. Cover if necessary to avoid blisters on your hands!
After 3-5 minutes, add 1 small onion cut in strips and mushrooms cut in thick slices. Add 3 TBS of fish sauce and 1 TBS of soy sauce or coconut aminos, 1/2 cup of water and some freshly ground pepper to taste and stir altogether.
Cook until everything is caramelized and glazed, and sauce completely reduced, and add spring onion at the end, and stir in to combine.
Serving keto Vietnamese pork belly
Garnish this yummy keto pork belly with mushrooms with some crushed chili, coriander leaves, lemon grass, sesame seeds and sprinkle with some sesame oil.
LIKE AND SHARE!
Do you like my recipes? Please leave a comment and share to support my work! Want to calculate your macros? I have an easy to use, and reliable keto macros calculator! Connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST and join my TELEGRAM CHANNEL. Scroll down and subscribe to my newsletter to get my recipes to your email!
- Pork belly strips cut in smaller bite-sized pieces 400 g/14 oz
- Coconut oil or lard 1 TBS
- Onion cut in slices 70 g/2.5 oz
- Mushrooms cut in thick slices 250 g/8.8 oz
- Low carb sweetener (erythritol) 1 TBS
- Pinch of salt
- Soy sauce or coconut aminos 1 TBS
- Fish sauce 3 TBS
- Water 1/2 cup/100 ml
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 spring onion
- GARNISH (optional)
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Crushed chilies
- Sesame seeds
- Sesame oil
- In a large pot bring water with a pinch of salt to boil.
- In a boiling water, add pieces of pork belly and cook for 10 to 15 minutes and after 15 minutes drain the meat and set it aside.
- Melt 1 TBS of lard or coconut oil in a skillet, put cooked pork belly on a hot oil, add pinch of salt and 1 TBS of erythritol. Stir everything and cook for 3-5 minutes. Cover if necessary to avoid blisters on your hands!
- After 3-5 minutes, add 1 small onion cut in slices and mushrooms cut in thicker slices. Add 3 TBS of fish sauce and 1 TBS of soy sauce or coconut aminos, 1/2 cup of water and some freshly ground pepper to taste and stir altogether.
- Cook until everything is caramelized and glazed, and sauce completely reduced, add spring onion at the end, and stir to combine.
- Optionally garnish with cilantro or other garnishes you like.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 543Total Fat: 53gCarbohydrates: 4.34gNet Carbohydrates: 3.42gFiber: 0.92gProtein: 12g
This is for your information only, please calculate your own macros with ingredients you use.