Keto chicken with peanut butter sauce and cauliflower rice is satisfying and nutritious family friendly keto meal. Keto peanut butter sauce is creamy and flavorful, and goes perfectly with chicken meat.
Delicious, juicy chicken in keto peanut butter sauce could be keto dinner or lunch for your whole family. My family enjoyed this tasty keto meal!
You already know how I love peanut butter. Before I started this keto lifestyle I really didn't appreciate peanut butter enough. Now, I grab peanut butter everyday and immediately getting inspiration for creating a meal or dessert.
FAVORITE KETO PEANUT BUTTER DESSERTS
HOW TO MAKE KETO CHICKEN WITH PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE
CHICKEN MEAT - for this type of keto recipe use chicken thighs or chicken breasts cut in small pieces or in small cubes. The best is a little bite size. You need to brown pieces of meat on lard, olive oil or ghee.
BLEND OF SPICES - before you start cooking you need to prepare a blend of spices for this dish. If you don't have all, don't worry, probably peanut butter will be very dominant, but we love peanut butter!
So, in this spice blend, I put salt and pepper, as a basic spices plus powdered garlic, curry powder, cayenne pepper, ground paprika, turmeric and crushed chili pepper. Cayenne pepper and crushed chili pepper you need to adapt to your taste. If you like it more spicy and hot, you can add more. Because I have a small children, I don't put too much. However, I put a little and they eat this, despite it's hot and spicy.
Also, we love to add few drops of extra hot pepper sauce directly on sauce in the plate. That's great option for hot food lovers with small children and other family members with a sensitive palates.
KETO PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE
For keto peanut butter sauce I use unsweetened peanut butter. For this amount I put 2 TBS and it's just perfect. If you want to get really peanutty flavor, put more. To make a real thick sauce, I use beef broth or chicken broth, heavy whipping cream and peanut butter. With these 3 ingredients you get thick, creamy and flavorful low carb sauce.
This peanut butter sauce is made to be served with chicken meat. Taste and flavor of this low carb peanut butter sauce is really incredible. I think I'm gonna make it sometime plane. To pour it over some veggies or any pan fried meat. I think it would go great with steamed broccoli. That might be really wonderful combo.
Riced cauliflower is delicious keto side dish for this chicken recipe with peanut butter sauce. I always fry riced cauliflower on hot olive oil. Before frying cauliflower, I like to fry just a little onion. Literally the smallest onion you can find will be enough because all we need is that special caramelized onion aroma. After onion is browned, translucent and caramelized, just put riced cauliflower and fry until all the liquid is gone. At the end, if you like, ad 1 egg and stir in. It will get delicious aroma and rich taste.
Want more cauliflower rice recipes?
Share with your friends and connect!
If you like this chicken with peanut butter recipe, leave a comment! Connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST and join my TELEGRAM CHANNEL. Scroll down and subscribe to my newsletter to get my recipes on your email!
Enjoy and let me know how was it!
- CHICKEN WITH PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE
- Chicken breasts or chicken thighs cut in small cubes 450 g/16 oz
- Olive oil, lard or ghee 2 TBS
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Powdered garlic ¼ tsp
- Curry powder 1 tsp
- Cayenne pepper ¼ tsp
- Ground smoked paprika 1 tsp
- Turmeric ½ tsp
- Crushed chili pepper to taste
- Chicken or beef broth 1 cup
- Unsweetened peanut butter 2 TBS
- Heavy whipping cream ¼ cup/60 ml
- FRIED CAULIFLOWER
- Olive oil 1 TBS
- 1 small onion 15 g
- Riced cauliflower 4 cups/450 g/16 oz
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- GARNISH (optional)
- Crushed peanuts
- Cilantro/coriander leaves
- Crushed chili
- Fresh cucumbers
- Slices of lemon or lime
CHICKEN WITH PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE
- Combine all the spices together in a bowl or a plate and coat chicken meat cut in small cubes in spice mix.
- Heat the lard, olive oil or ghee and cook chicken meat coated in spices until meat is golden brown on the edges.
- When meat golden brown, add broth, heavy whipping cream and peanut butter.
- Stir everything and cook covered for 10 to 15 minutes on a medium heat.
FRIED CAULIFLOWER INSTRUCTIONS
- Fry finely diced onion on hot olive oil.
- When onion translucent and caramelized add riced cauliflower, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir cauliflower and fry until all the water is gone.
- When cauliflower is fried, add one egg and stir until egg is completely fried and combined with cauliflower.
- Serve hot as a side dish to chicken with peanut butter sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 15gCarbohydrates: 5.4gNet Carbohydrates: 3.25gFiber: 2.15gProtein: 38g
This is for your information only, please calculate your own macros with ingredients you use.