Keto coconut cream pie is sugar free and gluten free, fluffy and creamy keto dessert. It could be with baked and no bake keto pie crust!
Baked or no baked keto pie crust
You will love this keto coconut cake, I’m sure! You can make it in literally 15 minutes! There is an option to make it as baked or no bake pie. Sounds fantastic!? It is! Ingredients are completely the same but you can decide bake or not to bake. If you have oven and you have 10 minutes more, bake it because the taste will be better. Whole cake will have very rich flavor if crust is baked.
If you decide not to bake it will still be great. If you don’t have oven or you do’t want to heat your home because it’s too hot in your part of the world, you will definitely love this recipe!
This keto pie crust ingredients are for sure so delicious so you can eat them baked and raw.
The best low carb coconut cream pie
When I tell you that this is the best low carb coconut cream pie, you need to believe me. Keto sweet pie crust is delicious and so versatile, baked or no baked.
Cream is so smooth and rich. Heavy whipping cream is cooked with eggs and vanilla and they are so good combination. When you add mascarpone into that yumminess and a tablespoon of butter, OMG! You literally get heaven on your plate!
When I tried this cream for the first time, I couldn’t believe how good it was. Cream has so rich taste, and you need to add vanilla because then you get real vanilla cream. On top of the cream goes full cup or roasted shredded coconut.
You can use raw shredded coconut, but roasting on a pan will give special aroma and flavor, it will be so much better. Don’t forget to leave 1 tablespoon of coconut to sprinkle on top of whipped heavy cream.
However, this vanilla cream is so rich and strong, so you need to put whipped heavy whipping cream on top of vanilla cream. I don’t put any sweetener in heavy whipping cream. I just mix good quality heavy whipping cream until firm peaks are formed. When ready just put it on top. Whipped heavy cream gives fluffiness to this pie and it makes pie lighter.
Keto coconut cream pie serving
With serving of this coconut cream pie you don’t have any problems. It goes perfectly on every way. Only problem you can have with this keto cake is that it is gone too fast. I try to leave a piece for myself to have it with a cup of tea in the evening.
Cup of tea before going to bed is my little ritual that makes my life so much better. I have opportunity to reflect on my day, everything that worked well and what I should improve. Time to think and create my next day and week. That little moment, it’s 10 or 15 minutes only, but my whole week is more successful if I manage to have these 10 minutes for myself in the evening.
Definitely it makes me more productive, more successful and more happy I would say. So, I can recommend you, make this delicious keto coconut cream pie, make yourself tea or coffee and enjoy it with yourself! You will see how good you will feel!
Sharing is caring!
- CRUST INGREDIENTS
- Ground almonds or blanched ground almonds 2 cups/200 g/7 0z
- Toasted shredded unsweetened coconut 1/2 cup/40 g/1.4 oz
- Pinch of salt
- Swerve or erythritol 1/4 cup
- Melted butter 3/4 cup/170 g/6 oz
- CREAM INGREDIENTS
- Heavy whipping cream 3 cups/675 ml/22.8 fl oz
- 2 large beaten eggs
- Low carb sweetener (Swerve or erythritol) 1/2 cup
- Pinch of salt
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Butter 1 TBS
- Mascarpone 1 cup/250 g/8.8 oz
- Toasted shredded coconut 1 cup/80 g/2.8 oz
- Heavy whipping cream 1 cup/225 ml/7.6 fl oz
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C/350 F.
- Toast shredded coconut for few minutes on a pan or in the oven on a baking tray for 5 minutes or until it starts to be golden brown. Toast whole quantity for cream and crust, just leave one part for the cream.
- Combine ground almonds, 1/2 cup of toasted shredded coconut, pinch of salt, low carb sweetener and melted butter in a large bowl until you get the texture like wet sand.
- Prepare cake tin layered with parchment paper. Use 23 cm/9 inch diameter cake tin.
- Transfer the crust mixture into prepared tin and press down using your fingertips. Crust should have high edges, it should be like a pie shell. If you want to make baked crust, bake it in preheated oven for 8 - 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown. When baked leave it to cool for 15 minutes. If you wish to make no bake crust, just put the pressed crust in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. (Baked crust is more tasty).
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk the heavy whipping cream, eggs, sweetener and vanilla.
- Bring to a simmer over low heat, whisking constantly for 5 minutes or until cream start thickening and becomes smooth.
- When it becomes thick and staying on the spoon, remove from the heat, add 1 TBS of butter and mascarpone cheese, whisk until all nicely combined in a smooth cream. Add 1/2 cup of shredded toasted coconut in the cream and stir well.
- Pour the cream into the pie shell and sprinkle the rest of the coconut (leave 1 TBS for topping) on top to cover the whole pie with toasted coconut.
- Leave the pie in the fridge for at least 4 hours or until cream becomes firm.
- When cream is firm, mix heavy whipping cream until firm peaks formed.
- Top the pie with mixed whipped cream and sprinkle with reserved coconut.
This amount is for big cake tray 23 cm/9 inch diameter.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 41gCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 6.19g
This is for your information only. Please calculate your own macros with ingredients you use.