Keto peach cake with lemon is delicious, moist and nutritious low carb dessert or breakfast. Peaches, almond meal and coconut flour with butter and lemon are great gluten free combination.
It’s peach season and I just have to publish few delicious low carb peach recipes. I am so lucky to have peaches in my family’s orchard. Our peaches are totally organic, there is no use of pesticides or any harmful chemicals near the orchard.
Homegrown peaches in season
I like to use low carb fruit and vegetable in season, especially when I have my homegrown. Peaches that we have are almost wild. My mother planted peach trees from the peach seeds many years ago. She wasn’t hoping that she will have a whole orchard one day. My grandparents used to take care for the land. Years were passing, and sadly, my grandparents died. For few years already nobody is taking care for the orchard.
However, we moved near recently and we are starting to work there. Unfortunately, majority of trees are dead so we will have to cut them. But I managed to find peaches for us to eat and to make few peach pies, cakes and similar treats. I will publish vlog on my IG account about our adventures in the nature so you can see how I am harvesting my peaches and meeting some wild animals on the way.
Peaches on keto
Peaches are good fruit option for keto diet. Of course, as with all the fruits, you shouldn’t eat too much but it’s fine to use it in your baking. 100 g of peaches contain 8.5 g NET Carbs. For example 100 g of blueberries contains 11.6 g of NET Carbs. So, peach is wonderful choice to prepare your favorite keto peach pie or keto peach cake.
Tips for keto peach cake recipe
Remove the skin from the peaches before slicing and putting on the cake. It will be much more tasty. When peaches are baked, skin becomes a little bit chewy. So it’s nicer without the skin.
Use lemon zest of organic lemon or lemon essential oil certified for oral use. Lemon makes huge difference. You just need that lemon zest in combination with peach! I am a huge fan of using essential oils in my cooking. If you want to know more, send me an email and I will enroll you in one of our future free courses!
Leave keto peach cake to cool down before eating. Butter has to set on it’s place and needs few minutes after you remove it from the oven.
Serve cake with the spoon of sour cream. I like to have it for my keto breakfast and with afternoon coffee or tea. My kids eat this cake with sour cream for breakfast.
If you like to have keto cake for breakfast, I can recommend you this delicious ricotta cake with olive oil.
If you like my recipes, please leave a comment and share in your favorite social network groups.
- Softened butter 150 g/5.29 oz
- Low carb sweeter (erythritol) to your taste 1/3 - 1/2 cup
- Lemon zest of 1 organic lemon or 5 drops of edible lemon essential oil
- 3 M eggs
- Blanched almond meal 2/3 cup/70 g/2.47 oz
- Coconut flour 1/4 cup/20 g/0.70 oz
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Liquid yogurt 1/4 cup/70 g/2.47 oz
- 3 sliced peaches 150 g/5.29 oz
- Sour cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160 C/320 F.
- Place softened butter, sweetener and lemon zest or lemon essential oil in a bowl and mix for 5 - 10 minutes or until light and creamy.
- Gradually add the eggs, almond and coconut meal, baking powder and yogurt.
- Mix until well combined.
- Put the mixture in 25 cm/9 inch round baking tin, lined with parchment paper.
- Top with peach slices.
- Bake in preheated oven with vent for 30 minutes or until baked.
- Leave it to cool and serve with sour cream on top.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 14.5gCarbohydrates: 3.85gNet Carbohydrates: 2.42gFiber: 1.43gProtein: 3.5g
This is for your information only. Please, calculate your own macros with ingredients you use.