Keto chocolate cherry cheesecake is rich and flavorful low carb chocolate cheesecake with cherries. Creamy dark chocolate cheesecake on a flavorful crust and a layer of fresh cherries is great family friendly keto dessert for every occasion. Without eggs, completely gluten free and no added sugar!
Tart cherries or sour cherries in combination with chocolate! Oh, what a wonderful match! I have a cherry tree in my garden, and the season finally started. That’s why, I try to use them as much as possible fresh, directly from the tree. All the rest of the cherries we don’t use fresh, I’ll put in the freezer and preserve for my winter bakings.
If you love my keto cherry cheesecake or my wonderful keto Schwarzwald cake with cherries, you will love this low carb chocolate cherry cheesecake too! Because, this is a real bomb of flavor! You would never guess that it is actually sugar free cherry cheesecake!
Continue to read to get some tips how to nail this yummy recipe! It can be baked or no bake keto chocolate cheesecake!
HOW TO MAKE KETO CHOCOLATE CHERRY CHEESECAKE?
Bake chocolate cheesecake crust
This keto chocolate crust is easy to make and it’s completely without eggs and gluten free. To make it properly, you will just need to combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and add melted butter. Stir and press in a cake tray layered with a parchment paper. Bake in a preheated oven on 180 C/350 F for 10 minutes. This crust could be also no bake crust. In that case, leave it in the fridge for 15 minutes before putting the layer of cherries and cheesecake layer.
Fresh cherries layer
On top of cooled crust put a layer of pitted cherries and after layering the cherries, mix chocolate cheesecake. Cherries have to be already in place before mixing the cheesecake layer. Cheesecake layer with chocolate will become hard very quickly, that’s why it’s important to have crust and cherries ready.
Mix chocolate cheesecake layer
Again, procedure to make this keto chocolate cheesecake layer is easy! Just whisk or mix cream cheese with low carb sweetener, pinch of salt and vanilla extract & add dark chocolate melted in heavy whipping cream. Don’t over mix it because it will become too hard.
When your keto dark chocolate cheesecake layer is done, pour it over the cheesecake bottom, covered with pitted cherries. Be gentle because cherries should stay in place. When you will be cutting the cheesecake, you will want each slice to have a nice cherry layer between the bottom and chocolate cheesecake layer.
Decorating & serving keto cheesecake
After your cheesecake is done, leave it in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes. Then, you can decorate. I love decorating with melted chocolate, dark chocolate chunks or with whipped cream. Of course, you may add few cherries on top, too!
This cake will be one of your favorite desserts, I am sure! You can serve it after any festive dinner, for birthdays or any celebration, weekends and whenever you need something for your sweet tooth or you want to indulge yourself!
Serve a slice of this cake with a cup of coffee and tea and start or finish your day in a most positive way possible!
LIKE AND SHARE!
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment and share on your social networks and in favorite groups to support my work! Share in INSTAGRAM stories and tag @familyonketo.
Want to calculate your macros? I have an easy to use, and reliable keto macros calculator!
- KETO CHOCOLATE CRUST
- Blanched almond meal 2 cups/200 g/7 oz
- Cocoa or cacao unsweetened powder 2 TBS/8 g/0.28 oz
- Pinch of salt
- Low carb sweetener (erythritol or xylitol) 1/2 cup/60 g/2.12 oz
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder 1 tsp
- Butter melted 120 g/4.23 oz
- Pitted cherries 2 cups/360 g/9.17 oz
- CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE FILLING
- Cream cheese or mascarpone cheese 400 g/14.11 oz
- Low carb sweetener (erythritol) 1/2 cup/60 g/2.12 oz
- Cocoa or cacao powder unsweetened 3 TBS
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Heavy whipping cream 1/2 cup/100 ml
- Dark chocolate (70% cocoa or more) 100g/3.5 oz
- DECORATION (optional)
- Dark chocolate sweetened with stevia or erythritol 60 g/2.12 oz
- Butter 2 TBS
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C/350 F.
KETO CHOCOLATE CRUST
- Combine all ingredients for the crust in a bowl until you get the dough.
- Press in the dough in a 23 cm/9 inch diameter cake pan layered with a parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 8 - 10 minutes. It won't be hard when baked, jut leave it cool for 10 - 15 minutes to become hard enough to distribute the cherries and pour the filling on top.
- Distribute pitted cherries on baked and cooled cheesecake crust.
KETO CHOCOLATE CHEESECKE FILLING
- Mix all ingredients, except chocolate and heavy whipping cream until nice and smooth. Mix with a mixer or whisk.
- When nicely combined and smooth, melt the chocolate with heavy whipping cream on the stove in a double boiler or in a microwave in a microwave safe bowl, and add it to the mixture, continue whisking or mixing until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate cheesecake filling on top of the cherries. Do it gently to keep the cherries nicely distributed.
- Keep it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before decorating and serving..
- Melt the chocolate with butter in a microwave or in a double boiler and sprinkle on top of the cake. Add few cherries on top.
- Serve cold & enjoy!
This recipe is for 23 cm/9 inch diameter cake pan. You may use smaller if you want taller cheesecake.
Serving Size:1 slice: 1/16th of the cake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 34 gNet Carbohydrates: 5.2gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information is for your information only. Please calculate your own macros with ingredients you use.