Delicious vegan keto energy balls no bake you can make in 5 minutes! This is ideal keto snack after exercise or low carb breakfast in hurry.
I make this energy balls often. As a working mom sometimes I don't have time for proper meals. Especially I don't respect my breakfast time. I always have something "better to do".
That's why these energy balls with nuts are saving me from starving. I can return my energy very fast. And they are tasty too!
Once, I forgot them in the fridge for a longer time. They were still very good, just a little bit dry! So, I just put them in a cup of yogurt and I've got delicious keto breakfast in a minute! If you are keto vegan you can put it in vegan soy yogurt with a pinch of coconut unsweetened chips. It's so good! 😋
Great thing is that you can make this energy balls literally in 5 minutes. Especially if you have already ground almonds and hazelnuts:
If you plan to make it from the scratch, here are some tips to make them tasty!
TIPS FOR MAKING VEGAN KETO ENERGY BALLS
Roast your hazelnuts and almonds in a pan or in the oven. Don't burn them, just roast them for few minutes. Roasted almonds and hazelnuts will be way more flavorful than non roasted.
Keep energy balls in the fridge
Keep them in the fridge. You can even keep them on a room temperature, they will be OK. But it's better to keep them in the fridge because on that way they are more tasty and coconut oil stays firm. Actually, coconut oil is keeping them together.
If you like energy balls, I have one so good and super popular recipe for lemon energy balls. Try it! Also, I have a collection of raw no bake keto recipes here on my blog. I would recommend you my raw chocolate cheesecake!
- Ground almonds ½ cup/60 g/2.11 oz
- Ground hazelnuts ½ cup/60 g/2.11 oz
- Shredded coconut ½ cup/40 g/1.4 oz + 1 TBS for coating
- Unsweetened cocoa or cacao ¼ cups/20 g/o.7 oz
- Low carb powdered sweetener ½ cup (powdered Swerve, Sukrin or combination of powdered erythritol and stevia or xylitol)
- Cinnamon 1 tsp
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Coconut oil 3 TBS
- Water 3 - 6 TBS
- Grind almonds and walnuts in a food processor. Or use ground nuts. If you have whole almonds and hazelnuts you might roast them for few minutes, taste will be even better. When almonds and hazelnuts finely ground add cocoa unsweetened powder, sweetener, coconut, vanilla and cinnamon.
- After all well combined, add coconut oil and water and continue mixing in a food processor or with a spoon until all combined in a sticky dough. Water start adding spoon by spoon gradually and mix. It should be sticky when dough formed. In food processor it will be sticky when you take it out. If using ground nuts, try to mix everything with your hands to release the oils from the nuts to make it more sticky. That way it will be easier to form the ball shape.
- Form the balls, coat them in shredded coconut and leave it to rest in the fridge for 10 - 15 minutes. If you really can't wait, good news - they are ready to eat immediately! Only they have better taste when cooled.
From this amount you will get 20 energy balls. Of course you can shape it in bars also.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1 energy ball
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 71Total Fat: 6.6gNet Carbohydrates: 0.63gProtein: 1.89g
This is for your info only, please calculate your own macros with ingredients you use.