Creamy keto cauliflower mushroom risotto is nutritious low carb mushroom risotto with cauliflower rice.
Low carb and keto mushroom risotto is creamy and delicious risotto with cauliflower rice. This is perfect keto side dish to any meat or steak. However, it's great as a complete keto meal too because it's really nutritious and tasty.
How to make creamy keto cauliflower mushroom risotto?
Sauté onion and garlic
Always start with sautéing onion and garlic on a hot olive oil. That procedure is giving a deep and rich flavor to keto risotto and it's flavorful base for mushrooms. I use spring onion and garlic because they are in season now and I have homegrown. However, normal onion and garlic that you have on hand will be totally fine.
When onion and garlic are translucent and golden brown on the edges, just add mushrooms and slightly season with salt and pepper. Mushrooms are like sponges so they absorb all the flavor from the onion and garlic. You can also season it with dried or fresh thyme and basil. These Mediterranean herbs are complementing mushrooms and cauliflower and make perfect low carb cauliflower risotto.
Creamy keto mushroom risotto
Make it creamy! For extra creaminess I add cream cheese, butter and grated parmesan cheese. And trust me, this is wonderful combination! If you want to go fancy with your keto risotto just add fresh goat cheese or fresh sheep cheese instead of cream cheese. It's gonna be bomb of flavor!
Try other great cauliflower keto recipes
Serving keto mushroom risotto
I love making this keto mushroom risotto because it's really easy to prepare and it's done in no time. Perfect way for me is to have it as a keto side dish to steak with some leafy greens just slightly seasoned with salt, olive oil and vinegar.
When I have it as a keto meal, I just grate some parmesan cheese on top and I like to sprinkle my keto cauliflower risotto with crushed chili. I know that crushed chili is not very Mediterranean, as risotto should be, but I can't resist this. I just love it! If you ask me, everything is a little better with a sprinkle of crushed chili. 😃
Sharing is caring!
- Olive oil 1 TBS
- 1 small onion or 2 spring onions chopped 70 g/2.5 oz
- 2 cloves of garlic or 1 spring garlic minced
- Mushrooms cut is small pieces 220 g/7.8oz
- Riced cauliflower 2.5 cups/270 g/9.5 oz
- Cream cheese or fresh goat cheese 100 g/3.5 oz
- Vegetable broth ½ cup/100 ml
- Butter 2 TBS
- Parmesan cheese or Grana Padano cheese grated ¼ cup/25 g/0.88 oz
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Thyme dried or fresh 1 tsp
- Dried or fresh chopped basil 1 tsp
- Parmesan cheese/Grana Padano/Parmigiano Reggiano freshly grated to taste
- Spring onion
- Crushed chili
- In a large skillet or a pan heat olive oil.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and stir occasionally until onion translucent and golden brown on the edges.
- When onion is translucent add sliced mushrooms, season with salt and pepper to taste, add thyme and basil and stir until mushrooms stared to get golden brown color on the edges.
- Add riced cauliflower, stir and when start getting golden brown color add vegetable broth, cream cheese or goat cheese, butter and parmesan cheese. Stir continuously until finished and creamy to your liking. Stirring is the key of creaminess.
- When cooked and creamy, garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese or other optional garnish.
- Serve hot as a side dish or as a meal.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 14gCarbohydrates: 7.5gNet Carbohydrates: 5.45gFiber: 2.05gProtein: 6.8g
This is for your information only, calculate your own macros with ingredients you use.