Cream of cauliflower soup with chicken - cauliflower chowder keto recipe. Creamy cauliflower soup with cheese and chicken meat is hearty family friendly meal.
I can't believe that I haven't published this delicious cauliflower soup recipe before! There are some family recipes you always repeat and just forget to share, and for me that's this one. This keto chowder recipe is one of my family's favorite soups and I make it often when we need something comforting and creamy. And my kids love this creamy cauliflower soup!
Delicious keto cauliflower recipes
Cauliflower recipes are often on our menu, even though before starting keto diet I was never a cauliflower fan. However, I started experimenting and trying in my low carb kitchen and with time I created many delicious keto cauliflower recipes, here are few recipes for you to have it for later.
Why you will love this cream of cauliflower soup with chicken - cauliflower chowder keto recipe?
This recipe for cauliflower soup calls for very basic ingredients but you will get amazingly rich flavor. Besides the flavor, this cauliflower soup with cheese and chicken meat is low carb and full of nutrients. That's why this cauliflower soup creamy recipe is also great for you if you are on keto diet!
Cauliflower soup recipe is great for meal prepping. You can easily freeze it and reheat when you want to eat. This is very important part for me because I'm a working mom with really crazy schedule, traveling the world for work and taking care for meals of my family. That can be really exhaustingly hard so meals I can prepare ahead save my life. And that's why this is my favorite recipe of all cauliflower soups recipes.
How to make cauliflower soup?
This cauliflower soup or cauliflower chowder calls for very basic ingredients like cauliflower, of course. You will need some onion, garlic, heavy whipping cream, chicken breasts or thighs and some chorizo or Hungarian dried sausag or paprika salami. If you don't have any of those, you can omit that part or use some pancetta. That might work well, too!
Cauliflower soup cheese I use for this recipe is freshly grated parmesan cheese, Parmigiano Reggiano or Grana Padano. I add it at the end to make the soup thicker and even more tasty.
Roasting cauliflower - this soup will be tasty even if you skip this part, but if you have a little more time, roast cauliflower florets in the oven and you will get even more deep and rich flavor.
Start with cooking chorizo or Hungarian dried paprika salami cut in small pieces, on a hot olive oil. If you don't have access to any of these, you can use pancetta instead. Cook it until crispy and set it aside on a plate. You need this as a starting flavor and to garnish the top of your cauliflower soup when finished. This will be a crispy component on top of your bowl of a cauliflower chowder.
After all the ingredients are cooked you may use blender or an immersion blender to make it creamy. Here is my recommendation for great tools you might need.
So, it's your choice if you want it to have completely creamy or you want to have some parts of cauliflower inside. I like to have few chunks and my children like it like that so I always leave some cauliflower chunks.
Sharing is caring!
If you like this cauliflower chowder recipe, leave a comment! Connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST and join my TELEGRAM CHANNEL. Scroll down and subscribe to my newsletter to get my recipes on your email!
- FOR CAULIFLOWER
- Olive oil 2 TBS
- Cauliflower cut into bite size florets 1 large head 700 g/25 oz
- FOR SOUP
- Olive oil 1 TBS
- Chorizo or Hungarian paprika salami (pancetta if you don't have it) cut in small pieces 100 g/3.5 oz
- Chicken breast or thigh 600 g/21 oz
- 1 medium onion 70 g/2.5 oz
- 1 small carrot 20 g/0.7 oz
- Garlic minced 3 cloves
- Heavy whipping cream 1 cup/200 ml
- Water or vegetable broth 4 cups/800 ml
- Dried basil 1 tsp
- Nut meg powder ¼ tsp
- Cinnamon powder ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese ½ cup/50 g/1.76 oz
- GARNISH (optional)
- Balsamic vinegar/aceto balsamico or lemon juice to drizzle
- Finely chopped parsley, chives or spring onion
- Crushed chili
- Preheat the oven to 220 C/425 F.
- On the baking sheet toss the cauliflower cut in bite size florets with 2 TBS olive oil.
- Sprinkle cauliflower with a pinch of salt and bake for 20 - 30 minutes or until tendered and caramelized/brown on the edges.
FOR THE SOUP
- When cauliflower is almost done, heat 1 TBS of olive oil in a large soup pot and cook chorizo cut in a small pieces for 1 or 2 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove chorizo from the pot and set it on the plate.
- On a remaining fat cook chicken meat cut in small bite sized pieces until golden brown on the edges and set it on a plate.
- Cook chopped onion and minced garlic on a remaining fat until onion translucent and golden brown on the edges.
- Add carrot cut in small pieces and roasted cauliflower. If you don't roast cauliflower you will need to cook it for a little longer, until tender.
- Add heavy whipping cream and water or vegetable broth, salt and pepper to taste, ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg powder and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon powder, stir and cook for 10 minutes on high heat or until start to boil.
- When it starts to boil remove it from the stove and blend with immersion blender or with a stand blender until creamy, add parmesan and stir until cheese melted and completely combined. Put chicken meat back to the soup, stir and cook for 5 to 10 minutes more on a medium low heat.
- Sprinkle soup with crispy chorizo on top, parsley, chives or spring onion and crushed chili if you like.
- Optionally drizzle with few drops of balsamic vinegar or lemon juice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 24gNet Carbohydrates: 4.5gProtein: 32g
This is for your information only, please calculate your own macros with ingredients you use.