Keto rhubarb cheesecake is refreshing low carb rhubarb recipe with fluffy and light cheesecake layer and crispy keto pie crust.
Is rhubarb keto?
Rhubarb is really low carb, and there's only 2.7 g NET Carbs in 100 g of rhubarb. That's fantastic for keto diet. Rhubarb keto recipes, especially keto rhubarb desserts could be your way to enjoy low carb desserts.
Enjoying keto dessert for happiness and better health
I believe that our life is a process of constant growth and development and we should be satisfied and happy during the process if we want to preserve or improve our health.
Enjoying delicious food is great part of enjoying life. Food is not only a necessity we need to survive. Food is also a social thing and a way to show our love and gratitude to others but also to ourselves.
That's why keto sweets are very important to me. I live keto lifestyle and trying to eat healthy all the time, and as everyone, I like to have a good low carb dessert sometimes.
How to make keto rhubarb cheesecake
Make keto pie crust
For this recipe I use this keto pie crust recipe. It works perfectly! It is low carb, it has a delicious flavor and it's crispy on the edges, like a delicious cookie. So, it reminds on a cookie crust, only this would be keto cookie crust without cookies.I just bake it for 8 minutes before putting rhubarb on top, not longer.
Keto rhubarb layer
After keto pie crust is just partially baked, add rhubarb with some low carb sweetener on top of the crust and continue with baking for 15 minutes or until rhubarb becomes softer. It doesn't have to be like jam, just softer.
After pie crust and rhubarb are done, cream cheese layer goes on top, and that's it! So easy keto dessert! Just keep it in the fridge for few hours before enjoying.
This keto rhubarb cheesecake needs to be properly cold. It's so much better when served cold directly from the fridge!
Try my other recipes
Sharing is caring!
- KETO CRUST INGREDIENTS
- Blanched almond meal 1.5 cup/150 g/5.3 oz
- Coconut flour 3 TBS/24 g/0.85 oz
- Erythritol or other low carb sweetener ¼ cup
- Cold or softened butter 7 TBS/105 g/3.7 oz
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of 1 organic lemon
- Fresh chopped rhubarb 2 cups/250 g/8.9 oz
- Powdered erythritol or xylitol ¼ cup
- CREAM CHEESE LAYER
- Cram cheese 400 g/14.11 oz
- Heavy whipping cream 1 cup/200 ml
- Vanilla 1 tsp
- Powdered low carb sweetener erythritol or xylitol ⅓ cup - ½ cup
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Combine all ingredients together into a dough.
- Press in the dough into a greased 25 cm/10 inch pie dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 5 - 8 minutes. Don't bake it completely, remove it from the oven when half baked.
- Mix chopped rhubarb with sweetener in a bowl.
- Distribute chopped rhubarb on the top of the crust and put it back to the hot oven for 15 minutes or until rhubarb is softened. It doesn't have to be totally soft or like a jam, it should stay whole and just softened.
- When baked set it aside until you prepare cream cheese layer.
CREAM CHEESE LAYER
- Whisk or mix with a mixer heavy whipping cream with vanilla and sweetener until firm peaks formed.
- Combine it with cream cheese to get fluffy and smooth cream.
- Distribute the cream over the rhubarb layer.
- Leave it for few hours in the fridge and serve it completely cooled with fresh berries, tart cherries, strawberries or similar fruit.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 28gNet Carbohydrates: 2.65gProtein: 4.98g
This is for your information only. Please, calculate your own macros with ingredients you use.