Keto cherry cheesecake recipe is delicious and refreshing cherry dessert with low carb chocolate pie crust, rich tart cherry layer and easy keto cheesecake topping.
This cherry cheesecake recipe could be made with baked keto pie crust or as a cherry cheesecake no bake!
I really love this type of versatile low carb recipes, especially when it comes to keto desserts. I personally love this keto chocolate pie crust baked, because flavor is richer and more tasty.
However, when summer heat starts I am not a huge fan of turning on my oven. In that case I love the idea of no bake cherry cheesecake! And with this recipe for cherry cheesecake pie crust, that's totally possible!
Keto cherry cheesecake recipe - favorite keto summer dessert!
Cherry cheesecake is one of my favorite keto summer desserts. Tart cherries are refreshing and not so high in carbs so they could be a great choice to make a keto cheesecake with them.
This recipe for cherry cheesecake is a little bit different. Keto pie crust is with cocoa or cacao. I have been using exactly the same recipe for keto pie crust like in my super successful recipe for Keto German chocolate cheesecake. Both work perfectly good. There is a cherry layer sprinkled with cinnamon and there is a cherry cheesecake topping with mascarpone cheese and heavy whipping cream.
Cinnamon and cherries are power couple, it's a combination from heaven. I can't describe you how much better are cherries with a pinch of cinnamon. Yes, cherries are always nice smelling and flavorful, but when you add a pinch of cinnamon, flavor is even more elevated and irresistible.
Cherry cheesecake topping
Topping with mascarpone and heavy whipping cream is very similar to topping I use for my keto Black Forest cake. That's why this could be something like my version of keto Black Forest cheesecake or LCHF Schwarzwald cheesecake.
I use this delicious keto mascarpone topping in combination with heavy whipping cream, but it's great with cream cheese and heavy whipping cream too. Definitely add some vanilla extract in this topping and you will get the best keto cheesecake topping ever!
Are cherries keto?
Be careful with cherries if you're on low carb or ketogenic diet. There are different type of cherries, some are higher and some are lower in carbs. To be sure, always check what you have. Red cherries, as well as tart cherries are quite low carb, they have 10 g NET Carbs in 100 g, and that's really good, similar to blueberries. While there are other types of cherries with a lot more carbs, and I don't recommend using those in your keto cherry desserts.
Try my other keto desserts with fresh fruits
Sharing is caring!
If you like my recipes, leave a comment! Would you like to calculate your macros? I have an easy to use and reliable keto macros calculator!
- KETO CHOCOLATE PIE CRUST
- Blanched almond meal 1 cup/100 g/3.5 oz
- Unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao 1 TBS/5 g/0.17 oz
- Pinch of salt
- Low carb sweetener (erythritol) 5 TBS
- Softened butter 60 g/2.11 oz
- CHERRY LAYER
- Tart cherries pitted 1 cup/155 g/5.5 oz
- Cinnamon powder 1 - 2 tsp
- CHEESECAKE TOPPING
- Mascarpone cheese or cream cheese 350 g/12.35 oz
- Heavy whipping cream 1 cup/200 ml
- Powdered low carb sweetener (erythritol or xylitol) ¼ cup - ⅓ cup
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
KETO CHOCOLATE CRUST
- Preheat the oven yo 180 C/350 F.
- Combine all dry ingredients, add softened butter and combine until you get the dough ball.
- Press in the dough into a deep small 17 cm/7 inch cake tray layered with a parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 180 C/350 F for 10 - 15 minutes. If you want to avoid baking you can just press in the dough and skip baking. This keto chocolate crust can be a no bake.
- Put pitted cherries on top of the finished crust and sprinkle them with 1 or 2 teaspoon of powdered cinnamon.
- Mix heavy whipping cream with vanilla and sweetener with a mixer until firm peaks are formed.
- Whisk mascarpone or cream cheese in a separate bowl and when smooth combine with mixed heavy whipping cream.
- Put the topping on top of cherries.
- Leave cheesecake in the fridge for few hours or overnight.
- Garnish with few cherries.
- Serve it cold and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381Total Fat: 36gNet Carbohydrates: 4.7gProtein: 6.2g
This is for your information only. Please calculate our own macros with ingredients you use.