Keto S'mores cheesecake is sweet, low carb, grain free and gluten free cheesecake with delicious meringue topping and dark chocolate. Keto meringue topping on cheesecake layer is fluffy and delicious.
I like many things in my life and in general I am very positive person, always looking on the bright side of life. However, there is something I really don't like. I don't like to find delicious recipe and as a result of baking having for example 2 egg yolks or 2 egg wights as a leftover. That's why, you probably won't find that in my recipes. I say probably because whenever I said something like "I will never", or "I will always..." I regularly change my mind about it and at the and I do it.
But, this time, you will get delicious keto recipe for a wonderful keto S'mores cheesecake without any leftovers! Egg yolks are used in cheesecake and egg whites are used for low carb meringue topping.
This keto meringue cheesecake with chocolate is great keto dessert and goes perfectly with a cup of coffee. You already know how I like to wake up early on weekends and enjoy my cup of coffee with cake while others are sleeping. Well, this low carb chocolate S'mores cheesecake is perfect for this!
TIPS TO MAKE DELICIOUS KETO S'MORES CHEESECAKE
KETO CHEESECAKE CRUST for this low carb cheesecake is combination of ground almonds and shredded unsweetened coconut with a pinch of salt, low carb sweetener and melted butter. It's actually typical pressed in pie crust that reminds on graham crackers crust. It's great if you bake it for 10 minutes to make it crunchy. If you are more no-bake/raw type you can even skip baking, you can just put it to fridge for 15 minutes before putting cheesecake layer. However, I recommend you to bake. With baking you will get that graham taste and it will be crunchy.
CHEESECAKE LAYER is with cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, egg yolks, vanilla and low carb sweetener. Literally, you just mix it, pour it over the low carb baked crust and bake. There is a secret to nail it - you bake it just until it's firm on the surface and add dark chocolate on top and continue baking until baked, of course.
KETO MERINGUE TOPPING is really easy to make, just beat the egg whites in clean bowl with lemon juice, pinch of salt and keto sweetener. Mixing bowl need to be very clean, not greasy at all in order to get firm meringue peaks. When baked looks like keto marshmallow. And taste reminds on marshmallow too!
Try my other recipes!
If you like keto cheesecakes and pies, I have few really good recipes here, check them too!
Sharing is caring!
- KETO PIE CRUST
- Ground almonds or almond meal 1 cup/110 g/4 0z
- Shredded unsweetened coconut ½ cup/50 g/1.8 oz
- Pinch of salt
- Low carb sweetener (erythritol, Sukrin or Swerve) 2 TBS
- Melted butter 7 TBS/100 g/3.5 oz
- CHEESECAKE INGREDIENTS
- Cream cheese 1.5 cups/300 g/10.6 oz
- Heavy whipping cream ½ cup/100 m/3.5 ozl
- 2 egg yolks
- Low carb sweetener (erythritol) 6 TBS
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING
- Dark chocolate drops 30 g/1 oz
- MERINGUE TOPPING
- 2 egg whites
- Low carb sweetener erythritol 3TBS + s drops of liquid stevia
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Pinch of salt
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
- Chocolate 15 g/0.5 0z
- Heavy whipping cream 2 TBS
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 350 F.
- Mix all ingredients for the crust and form the dough.
- Press the dough in the cake tin layered with a parchment paper and try to form pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes on 180 C/350 F.
- Set it aside until firm. The best is to put it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Mix all cheesecake ingredients together and whisk until everything smooth and nicely combined.
- Pour onto the baked and cooled pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven on 180 C/350 F for 15 minutes or until surface is firm.
- When surface is firm take it out from the oven, put dark chocolate drops on the surface of the cheesecake and bake for 15 - 25 minutes more or until baked (depends on the oven).
- While cheesecake is baking prepare topping.
MERINGUE TOPPING INSTRUCTIONS
- Mix on high with mixer all ingredients together until firm peaks are formed.
- When cheesecake is baked, take it out from the oven and put meringue on top.
- Bake altogether on 170 C/340 F for 15 minutes or until meringue golden brown on surface.
- Leave it to cool in the fridge for few hours, the best is overnight.
- When cooled put chocolate drizzle on top.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
- Melt chocolate with heavy whipping cream in microwave for 20 seconds.
- Whisk with a fork to combine into smooth chocolate ganache and drizzle on top with a fork, spoon or with a piping bag.
- Serve the cake and enjoy!
This is the quantity for 17 cm/7 inch cake tin.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 22.7gCarbohydrates: 7.74gNet Carbohydrates: 4.24gFiber: 1.5gProtein: 5.81g
This is for your information only, please calculate your own macros with ingredients you use.