Roast pumpkin salad with goat cheese is low carb salad full of taste and healthy leafy greens. Delicious keto side dish or complete vegetarian meal.
This salad is great for all my lchf, low carb, keto vegetarian and gluten free readers. Nutritious leafy green salad with roasted pumpkin and goat cheese.
Instead of a goat cheese you can add some feta cheese or other similar cheese that you like. Feta cheese is delicious when prepared on various ways. I was baking feta cheese in the oven, and here you can find fantastic recipe!
In this recipe I was using a real Balkan goat cheese similar to feta cheese. It looks like feta cheese but it's made of goat cheese and it's less salty than feta.
TIPS TO MAKE DELICIOUS ROAST PUMPKIN SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE
Do you like roasted pumpkin? Well, it's delicious! It reminds on sweet potato but much lower in carbs. Before roasting I just cut it in small cubes, season it with some coarse salt, pour it with olive oil and put it on a parchment paper.
After roasting I just seasoned it with some freshly ground pepper and ground red paprika. I add spices at the end because I don't like it burned on pumpkin.
Leafy green salad
For this salad you can use baby spinach, arugula, lamb's lettuce and other leafy green salads. I was using mix of all these salads but you can use any you like or what is available to you.
Just clean the salad and pour the dressing. Here, I use very basic dressing - salt, pepper, apple vinegar or balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
Almond flakes or pumpkin seeds
Sprinkle your salad with almond flakes! However, they are tastier if you roast them for a minute on a hot pan. It is also delicious if you use roasted pumpkin seeds.
In case you like salads, try this delicious salad with roasted pepper and feta cheese. Do you like some nice keto bread with your salad? I have some great recipes for you! Try this recipe for 90 second keto bread, it's the best tasting 90 second keto bread! Not eggy at all!
- Leafy green salad mix (arugula, baby spinach, lamb's lettuce salad) 125 g
- Pumpkin cut in cubes 250 g/9 oz
- Olive oil 1 TBS
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of ground paprika
- OTHER INGREDIENTS
- Goat cheese or feta cheese 150 g/5.3 oz
- Small onion 20 g/0.70 oz
- Almond flakes 1 TBS
- SALAD DRESSING
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Apple vinegar or balsamic vinegar 2 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/350 F with vent.
- Cut pumpkin in small cubes, season it with salt and olive oil, put on a parchment paper and bake in a preheated oven on 180 C/350 F with vent for 15 -30 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. When roasted add pinch of freshly ground pepper and pinch of ground red paprika.
- Prepare salad dressing - mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over cleaned leafy green salad.
- Add roasted pumpkin cubes, feta cheese or goat cheese and sprinkle everything with roasted almond flakes or roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Enjoy your salad!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111Total Fat: 8gCarbohydrates: 4.5gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1.5gProtein: 5g
This is for your information only. Please calculate your own macros with ingredients you use