Sugar free apricot jam is no added sugar fruit jam. Full of flavor perfect for low carb breakfast or keto cakes.
We have our homegrown apricots. This year was definitely a year of apricots. Trees were full of delicious flavorful fruits.
As we have our orchard, we had so much work to do during the summer. That's why I didn't have time to prepare this jam immediately. But, I decided just to clean the apricots, remove the stones and leave them in the fridge.
Yesterday I had a little time so I decided to make a jar of keto apricot jam. I can say, it's delicious! It's full of flavors and amazing smell.
The same day I had to make keto Sacher cake. Because, if you have this homemade jam, you just need to prepare this cake!
Keto apricot jam is my favorite! I like to put it on a slice of keto coconut bread toast or on a slice of this yummy 90 second keto bread. That's probably my favorite. Thick layer of grass fed butter and apricot jam on top. Fantastic keto breakfast!
Apricots on keto
Apricots are actually quite low in carbs. In 100 g of apricots there is 9 g of NET Carbs. That's less than in blueberries! I don't recommend you to eat apricots everyday. But to put it in keto treats is actually very good.
1 TBS of this jam contains 1.8 g NET Carbs. That's quite good for a jam! That's why this jam could be your occasional keto treat.
Keto jams and spreads
I like keto jams and spreads on keto bread. If you wish to try good keto strawberry jam, I have delicious recipe here! It's perfect on a slice of keto bread or in a cake.
TIP FOR MAKING SUGAR FREE APRICOT JAM
Cook apricots on a high heat and stir for 10 - 20 minutes or until all the water disappears. After that reduce heat and cook it and stir until your jam is thick enough.
Optional addition is to add low carb sweetener of your choice, lemon juice and some grass beef gelatin to make it thicker. On how to properly use gelatin, check this video.
Enjoy your keto lifestyle!
- Apricots with stones removed 1000 g/35 oz
- Low carb sweetener (erythritol) 2 TBS or more to taste (optional)
- (You can use stevia or any other low carb sweetener)
- Lemon juice 1 TBS (optional)
- Grass fed gelatin 1 TBS (optional)
- Clean apricots, remove the stones and put in a large pot.
- Cook them on a stove on a high heat and stir for 10 - 20 minutes or until water disappears.
- When all the water is gone, blend apricots with immersion blender and continue to cook on a low heat with stirring until jam is thick enough. It's thick enough when forms thick droplets that hang heavily off the utensil. Or if you make a line in the middle of the jam with utensil it stays like that.
- When thick enough you can add sweetener to taste, 1 TBS of lemon juice and 1 TBS of grass fed gelatin. This is optional and you don't have to use any of optional ingredients.
- If using gelatin, mix 1 TBS of gelatin with 2 TBS of water and wait for 5 minutes until gelatin soak up the water.
- After water is gone, put the bowl with gelatin into a pot with boiling water (double boiler) and stir gelatin until completely dissolved. For instructions, check video linked in the text.
- When gelatin is dissolved, stir it into your jam.
- Pour hot jam into perfectly clean jar.
- You can keep this jam in the fridge for 10 days.
- Enjoy your sugar free apricot jam!
This amount will give you approximately 40 TBS of jam (2.5 cups)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 40 TBS Serving Size: 1 TBS
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 10Total Fat: 0.08gCarbohydrates: 2.3gNet Carbohydrates: 1.8gFiber: 0.41gProtein: 0.29g
This is for your information only, please calculate your own macros with ingredients you use.