Are you looking for a delicious and healthy keto dessert with strawberries? Look no further than this Strawberry Keto Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting! This low-carb sugar-free strawberry cake is perfect for all of us following the ketogenic lifestyle.
The cake is made with a combination of almond flour and coconut flour, which is a low-carb alternative to traditional wheat flour. The use of almond flour, along with other keto-friendly ingredients, makes this cake both delicious and healthy. It's gluten-free and suitable for diabetics.
The addition of fresh strawberries to the cake batter gives it a sweet, fruity flavor, while the cream cheese frosting provides a rich and creamy texture that perfectly balances the sweetness of the cake.
STRAWBERRIES ON KETO?
Big YES! Strawberries are low-carb, with 6 g of NET Carbs in 100 g. It is not recommended to eat them in excessive amounts, but they are perfect for keto cakes and bakes. Plus, strawberries are having a low glycemic index, and are full of antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY KETO CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING?
To make this cake, simply mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, or another low-carb sweetener, baking powder, and salt. Then, add in the eggs, softened or melted butter, vanilla extract, coconut milk, and lemon zest.
Pour ⅔ of the batter into a layered cake pan, layer slices or halves of strawberries, and cover with the rest of the batter. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
While the cake is cooling, you can prepare the cream cheese frosting. Simply mix together cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, and erythritol until smooth. Once the cake is cooled, spread the frosting on top, and garnish with fresh strawberries if you like.
This Strawberry Keto Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is the perfect dessert for any occasion. Whether you're following the ketogenic diet or just looking for a healthy and delicious dessert option, this cake is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
If you wish to try my other keto desserts, you might like these:
LIKE AND SHARE!
Do you like my recipes? Please leave a comment and share to support my work!
Want to calculate your macros? I have an easy-to-use, and reliable KETO MACROS CALCULATOR!
- CAKE INGREDIENTS
- Dry ingredients
- Almond flour/almond meal 3 cups/300 g/10.5 oz
- Coconut flour 3 TBS/27 g/0.95 oz
- Low carb sweetener ¾ cup
- Pinch of salt
- Baking powder 1 TBS
- Other ingredients
- Softened or melted butter 1 stick/113 g/4 oz
- 4 large eggs
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Coconut milk ½ cup + 2 TBS/150 ml
- Lemon zest of 1 lemon
- Strawberries cut in slices 1.5 cup/190 g/4.3 oz
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING INGREDIENTS
- Cream cheese 200 g/7.05 oz
- Heavy whipping cream ¼ cup/50 ml
- Powdered low-carb sweetener (erythritol) 4 TBS
- FOR DECORATION (Optional)
- Strawberries 4 - 5 pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 175 C/ 350 F.
2. Combine all dry ingredients together.
3. Add other ingredients - softened or melted butter, eggs, coconut milk, vanilla, and lemon zest. Whisk until the cake mixture is done.
4. Pour ⅔ of the mixture into a layered cake pan. Add strawberries cut in slices or halves, and and gently por the rest of the mixture on top to cover the strawberries. Keep few strawberries for decoration.
5. Bake in a preheated oven on 175 C/350 F for 40 to 50 minutes or longer if necessary, until the cake is baked. Check with a toothpick.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING INSTRUCTIONS
Note: Add cream cheese frosting when cake is completely cooled.
2. Whisk all ingredients together until you get smooth frosting. Don't over mix it to avoid getting butter.
3. Put the frosting on top and decorate with few strawberries.
4. Leave it in the fridge for few hours.
5. Serve it with a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy!
This cake is for 23 cm/9 inch diameter cake tray.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 slice = 1/16th
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 231mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate, please calculate your own macros with ingredients you use.