Keto chicken and broccoli casserole baked in a skillet with sun dried tomato sauce. This is creamy, easy and cheesy keto dinner. Family friendly low carb casserole.
Broccoli could taste fantastic and your family members (even non keto) will ask for more! Steamed or cooked broccoli with chicken meat in a delicious, creamy keto sauce with mascarpone and sun dried tomatoes is really hearty low carb dish. When I make this for my family, they always ask for more. That's why I use the biggest skillet I have.
Keto chicken and broccoli casserole recipe tips
Sun dried tomato sauce
I like sun dried tomatoes, they give so much Mediterranean flavor to every sauce. Chicken could be boring, as well as broccoli, but in combination with this sun dried tomato sauce - it's incredibly tasty! Sun dried tomatoes have maybe more carbs than you would like to eat, so if you omit dried tomatoes here you will decrease the amount of NET Carbs for 1g per serving. But also the dish will lose that flavor and kick that makes it special.
Fried/sauteed onion for big flavor
As a base of the sauce I place finely chopped onion on a hot olive oil and stir until caramelized or browned. Onion gives fantastic flavor to almost any sauce you prepare. If you want to even more reduce carbs, omit tomatoes, but please, leave the onion because the taste is so much better when there is at least a little bit of fried onion. Always fry onion until translucent and golden brown. That will make give extra caramel flavor to your sauce.
Steamed or cooked broccoli
Broccoli is good low carb vegetable and keto lifestyle would be really boring without broccoli. I like to have steamed broccoli with this keto cheese sauce, try it it's so easy and yummy! If you decide to cook the broccoli, don't over cook it because it has to stay al dente. You will bake this dish also.
Chicken meat for broccoli and chicken casserole
For this keto casserole with broccoli and chicken I recommend you to use chicken tights because it will be more juicy. If you have chicken breasts it won't be so sexy but because of this sauce, chicken breasts will be ridiculously tasty!
Keto mascarpone sauce
For this keto sauce I use mascarpone cheese. Mascarpone cheese gives super creamy and cheesy taste to this low carb casserole. Mascarpone cheese is full fat so it will nourish you with a lot of healthy fats.
How to serve keto chicken and broccoli casserole?
You can serve this yummy keto dish alone or with a bowl of garden salad or leafy green salad. We always recommend some leafy greens to add as a side dish with every food option you have.
If you like mascarpone cheese, you can try my famous Keto Black Forest cake with mascarpone filling and cherries. You can check why this cake is the most loving keto cake on the Internet! 🍒
Another delicious cake is my keto cake with peaches and lemon. Yes, peaches are quite low in carbs, especially in keto cake!
If you like my recipes please, leave a comment and share in your favorite social network.
Sharing is caring! <3
- Olive oil 3 TBS
- Onion 70 g/2.5 oz
- Chicken breasts or chicken tights 500 g/17 oz
- Dried tomatoes 30 g/1 oz
- Mascarpone cheese ½ cup/130 g/4.5 oz
- Water or chicken broth ½ cup/120 ml/4 oz
- Broccoli 500 g/17 oz
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Powdered garlic pinch (to taste)
- Cheese for the top ½ cup/100 g/3.5 oz mixed mozzarella and parmesan cheese grated
- Steam or cook broccoli, drain well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 190 C/375 F.
- Heat olive oil and fry finely chopped onion until translucent and golden brown in ovenproof skillet.
- When onion is golden brown add chicken meat cut in cubes and stir until golden brown on the edges.
- Add chopped dried tomatoes. Use dried tomatoes from canned in oil. If tomatoes are dried from the dry packaging put them into boiling water for few minutes to make them soft.
- Mix mascarpone cheese with ½ cup of water or chicken or vegetable broth and add to skillet. Stir everything, add salt to taste, pepper and pinch of powdered garlic and stir again.
- Add steamed or cooked broccoli florets, gently stir to combine broccoli with sauce and meat.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top and bake uncovered for 10 - 15 minutes or until cheese on top is melted and golden on the edges.
- Serve as a whole keto meal or with garden salad or leafy green salad.
If you omit dried tomatoes you reduce NET Carbs to 6.17 g per serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 18gCarbohydrates: 8.6gNet Carbohydrates: 7.17gFiber: 1.43gProtein: 29g
This is for your information only. Please calculate your own macros with ingredients you use.