Spinach and eggs with parmesan cheese and light seasoning is nutritious and flavorful family friendly low carb breakfast. Fried bacon and spinach with eggs are everything you need for a perfect start of your day.
It’s spinach season! My mom is so successful in growing vegetables so we have a plenty of spinach at home because it’s in the season! As she is bringing a full buckets of spinach every day, I am trying to combine it everywhere actually.
I put it to soups, stews, in smoothies… We just have’t made any spinach cookie! Hm, actually, that might be interested!
On my blog, besides this spinach and eggs recipe, you can find other keto recipes with spinach that you can try.
As we are keto family, spinach is highly welcomed and appreciated in my keto kitchen, so these eggs with spinach are often on our menu. Do I have to mention that this is actually a keto recipe? Probably not! 🙂
TIPS FOR PERFECT KETO SPINACH END EGGS
Before anything I love to fry some bacon on lard or olive oil/avocado oil. You may use any healthy oil you prefer. If you want to avoid bacon and significantly reduce calories, you can easily skip this part with bacon. However, I love my bacon, and my kiddos think that they didn’t have breakfast if they don’t get their crispy bacon.
Also, it is really delicious to sprinkle crunchy bacon on top of creamy keto spinach and eggs!
After frying the bacon, you just need to remove the bacon on the plate and on a remaining lard fry finely diced onion until translucent and slightly caramelized. It is usually golden brown on the edges and translucent. That’s the sign that it is done.
When onion is caramelized, add fresh spinach, stir and cover for 2 minutes until wilted. When the spinach is wilted, add heavy whipping cream, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, powdered garlic and crushed chili if you like it.
Put the eggs in between the spinach and cook covered for few minutes (depends how cooked the eggs you like). If you like runny yolk, cook from 2 to 5 minutes maximum. And if you want it well done cook up to 9 minutes.
SERVING LOW CARB SPINACH WITH EGGS
When it’s cooked to your taste, you can serve this as a keto breakfast, easy and fast low carb lunch or dinner. This goes well also as a nutritious keto side dish with schnitzel. I love to add to this dish a bowl of garden salad for extra boost of greens.
Also, freshly chopped spring onion, spring garlic or parsley on top are fantastic. Fresh cucumbers or tomatoes, cottage cheese or sour cream are also very nice addition to spinach with eggs.
Sharing is caring!
- Lard or olive oil 1 TBS
- Bacon or pancetta (optional) 100 g/3.5 oz
- 1 small onion or spring onion 35 g/1.23 oz
- Fresh spinach 200 g/7 oz
- Heavy whipping cream 1/4 cup/50 ml
- Parmesan cheese grated 1/4 cup/25 g/0.9 oz
- Salt to taste
- Freshly grated pepper to taste
- Powdered garlic 1/4 - 1/2 tsp
- Crushed chili (optional)
- Free range 5 eggs
- In a large skillet on a medium high heat melt the lard and cook chopped bacon or pancetta until crispy.
- Remove the bacon and set aside on a plate.
- Put finely diced onion on a remaining lard and fry until onion caramelized.It should be translucent and golden brown.
- When onion is caramelized, add fresh spinach, stir and cook covered for 2 minutes until wilted. When the spinach is wilted, add heavy whipping cream, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, powdered garlic and crushed chili if you like it and stir.
- Put the eggs in between the spinach and cook covered for few minutes (depends how cooked the eggs you like). If you like runny yolk, cook from 2 to 5 minutes maximum. And if you want it well done cook up to 9 minutes.
- When cooked, serve. Check serving ideas in the blog post.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 34gNet Carbohydrates: 3gProtein: 28g
This is for your information only. Please calculate your own macros with ingredient you use.