Keto zucchini tots are gluten free, healthy, tasty and nutritious keto snack or low carb side dish. This is keto vegetarian zucchini recipe!
We have still plenty of zucchini and I love cooking everything in season. These zucchini tots are actually keto version of Greek zucchini tots. This could be delicious keto appetizer served with Greek yogurt dip, with Tzatziki or any another keto friendly dipping sauce. I love it with this easy warm keto cheese sauce.
My children love this keto zucchini recipe and I make it often. That's great way for children to eat hidden veggies and one more plus is the shape of these low carb zucchini tater tots. Because of the shape and size this recipe is really great for baby led weaning too!
HOW TO MAKE OVEN BAKED KETO ZUCCHINI TOTS
Bake it in the oven!
It's so easy to make these delicious low carb zucchini bites. Especially good is the thing that you can make it in the oven. I love preparing my food in the oven because I'm working mom with a big family, small children, etc. So I always look how to create more time for everything what I love. Baking in the oven is a great way to prepare healthy and nourishing food for your family and at the same time to create some time for the things you like.
This sounds funny, but this is crucial if you plan to get really delicious zucchini bites that are not soggy. It's the best to grate zucchini, place in the colander, sprinkle with salt and leave for at least 10 minutes to release the water.
After that, squeeze out all the excess water, as much as you can, with your hands and place zucchini in the bowl. On that way, structure of these delicious keto tots will be much better and great for dipping and snacking.
More keto snack recipes!
LIKE AND SHARE!
If you like my recipes, please, leave a comment and share to support my work! Would you like to calculate your macros? I have an easy to use, and reliable keto macros calculator! Connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST and join my TELEGRAM CHANNEL. Scroll down and subscribe to my newsletter to get my recipes to your email!
- Grated large zucchini 370 g/13 oz
- Feta cheese crumbled 1 cup/150 g/5.3 oz
- Grated parmesan cheese or Grana Padano ½ cup/50 g/1.76 oz
- 2 large eggs
- 1 small onion finely diced 70 g/2.5 oz
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Dried basil 1 tsp
- Almond flour ½ cup/50 g/1.76 oz
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/350 F.
- Grate zucchini and place into a large colander. Sprinkle with salt and leave it to sweat for at least 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out the excess water with your hands, as much as you can, and place zucchini in a bowl.
- Add other ingredients and mix with a fork or a spoon until all combined.
- Layer the baking tray with a parchment paper.
- Take the mixture with a spoon and form in a shape of a small cylinders or tater-tots on a baking tray.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes (depends on your oven) or until golden brown and baked.
- When baked, serve as a keto side dish to some meat and sauce, or as a snack with Greek yogurt or any keto sauce you like.
From this amount you get 14 tots.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 tots
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80Total Fat: 3.79gNet Carbohydrates: 1.43gProtein: 4.8g
This is for your information only. Please, calculate your own macros with ingredients you use.